1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

BINGO.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

East Texas. an extension of North Louisiana, and vice versa, keeps assholes like Abbott, Patrick and Paxton in office, not to mention the Mango Mussolini, at least before this country came its senses in 2020 ... but that state's demographics are changing all the time. Just not in time to help the Harris campaign.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Chapo rightly identified that JD Vance, who is clearly wearing guyliner, looks like the Nightman. Just the creepiest aura possible. Repelling female voters even more than Trump. The Jennifer Aniston effect is just beginning. Normally apolitical women just looking at him and seeing his preferred policies and shivering. Trump may dump him before the end of the month.

[​IMG]

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

“Well, I think it’s disgusting and I get a kick out of one thing. They say, ‘Sir, be nice. You just got hit with a bullet. Maybe he’s changed. Be nice,’ and I’d love to be nice, but I’m dealing against real garbage when you hear that.”

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Maybe we start with questions asked by law enforcement.

When do we get an official medical statement?

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Today's dose of reality for this thread.

39% of Americans worry they can’t pay the bills
    Study: Over two-thirds of Americans are stressed by everyday expenses – these are the most frustrating ones

Keep your eye on the endless stream of polls like that (those are from this week), and you'll understand why Donald Trump -- who most people think is ridiculously unfit for office -- is the favorite to win according to the betting markets.

Meanwhile, the administration keeps putting out nonsensical made-up data (GDP this morning), and the message will conginue to be be "don't believe your lying eyes."

But this is the reality for most more than half the country: It doesn’t matter what experts say — 3 in 5 believe America is in a recession

And people's finances, more than anything, have always driven national election results. When they feel financially stressed, incumbents get blamed.

Azrael and TigerVols like this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The no kids thing that the Rs are pushing is really pissing me off. Not all of us want screaming crotch goblins in our lives. Not all of us CAN have children. It's fucking maddening to hear one half of the country say you're a second-class citizen just because you don't have children.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Not sure they are actively "pushing" that at the moment. An old clip of JD Vance acting like a douche with Tucker Carlson (when he was still on Fox) has been getting play on social media. Which is fair since Vance just got on the ticket, even though I am sure he wishes it would go away.

In so far as they genreally sell "Christian family values" nonsense to people who lap it up, it's absurd that there are actually people who eat the "cat lady" crap up, but have zero to say about the guy they are behind who has been married 3 times (and seems to choose his brides from model photo books), has a penchant for hookers on the side, and has had kids with at least 3 different women -- just like their bible spells it out, apparently.

I Should Coco and Cosmo like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

As someone who didn't have kids of his own but does have two step kids, allow me to say...
    I created nothing that your taxes need to educate or feed.
    I did create at least one less car in traffic.
    And one less person in line at the store when you're in a hurry.
    One less person for your kids to compete against for a job.
    And, if the little one had gone in the wrong direction in life, I created nothing that your taxes will have to pay to run through a criminal justice system.
    People like us should be given parades, not bullshit. I've done more to lower your taxes than most politicians.

10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They’re just asking questions

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

FWIW, Clay Trumpist and a couple other right-wing screech machine voices I heard yesterday all pronounced "Kamala" correctly.

12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Trump didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted