1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The only one I can think of is restaurant owner. I had a friend whose mom hadn’t been at home for dinner in 10 years.

garrow and I Should Coco like this.
  2. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

I love that Harris is atop the ticket, but there is a lot of wish fulfillment going on in this thread from the caught up in the wave of enthusiasm.

She’s got a long ways to go and a tough campaign to get there.

Underestimating Trump (not her, but some here) is the kind of mentality that got us his administration in 2016. Don’t underestimate the capacity of many to believe in ideas many of us see as ugly and backwards.

I want to see how she does when the bounce wears off. I hope she does very well, but we’ll see.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think most understand that this is a very, very brief honeymoon period.

I’m more shocked that the Trump campaign seems to have been caught flatfooted. They should’ve had an attack strategy ready to go minutes after Biden’s release came out.

And then to realize your attacks rely on Boss Baby, Vice President? They really botched the opening week of this reset.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

If she picks Pennsylvania Governor Josh Shapiro as VP he can be Shapir-Hoe.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They did. I live in Pennsylvania and they had attack ads out on her within 24 hours. I just don't think they're hitting.

Hermes likes this.
  7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Why does the 538 site still have a prominent, "How popular is Joe Biden" polling graph, "updated 27 minutes ago"?

garrow likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

TowelWaver likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

He's up to 12 now.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I'll be honest, I pronounce Harris' first name the way people are complaining about more often than not, and it's not intended as a slight. It's just the way it comes out because of my tone and cadence. What can I say? I'm southern. I speak slowly.
    I also can't say Tennessee's starting quarterback's name the way he does.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There's a reason people call him "Nico" and the Dolphins' QB "Tua," and it's not because they have reached the elite first-name stratosphere (Reggie, Magic, Tiger).

Driftwood likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted