1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Nothing happening through 8 2-3 in Washington.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Cease, second no-no in Padres history.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Looks like the Nats ceased hitting.

(ducking)

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We too had a local radio station that read our stuff verbatim. There would even be a pause and listeners could hear the pages turn as the deejay went to the jump.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If you watched Cease’s start in Cleveland, you knew he was circling a no-no. His slider was the best I’ve ever seen it. He had five or six different speeds he was throwing it. Unhittable.

Liut likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He was one out away from throwing a no- hitter for the White Sox a couple years ago.

Between him and Chris Sale, they might have more wins — or at least pitched in games their teams won — than the entire 2024 Zombie Sox.

Liut likes this.
  7. jr/shotglass

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

At this point, the M’s simply need bodies.

Healthy bodies that can hit better than .200, preferably.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The incredible thing about the Zombie Sox is they've got two ace-caliber pitchers atop the rotation in Fedde & Crochet. No offense to Mike Maroth, but teams that bad usually have "number ones" who would be hard-pressed to operate in long relief anywhere else. So major props to the White Sox for that achievement!

10. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Sad day in Rays fandom. We’ve learned to not get too attached to anybody, but this is still pretty tough. I’ve watched the video of him slapping home plate after the Brett Phillips hit in the 2020 World Series a few times this. Morning.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It just seems implausible. Unfortunately, it's true because the Sox are on track to be the AL's worst offensive team (runs/gm) since the 1972 Cleveland team.

12. jr/shotglass

I thought about it for a minute, and I guess I like it. Austin Hays didn't really have a place in that lineup anymore.

And I do bet Dominguez moves in as closer, at least for a little while, at some point in the regular season. Of course, I guess they can forget about Mason Miller now.

Pache? I couldn't care less. He can flash that defense in Norfolk.

Draft saved Draft deleted