1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I love how this thread has turned into a Make A Wish for @BitterYoungMatador2

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Again, I don't see it. I don't get how he is a "clear" misstep.

So, he doesn't think women without children have any role in government? He mocks Harris for being childless?
    He thinks women should be prevented from leaving the state to get an abortion?

These are not reasons to replace him. These are the reasons he was selected in the first place.

Sure, people on the left are pointing and laughing. But he is pretty much the perfect embodiment of the Republican party in 2024.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Jethro is saying the quiet part out loud with a bullhorn. That's a problem considering the intravenous shot of Red Bull the Dem side — especially women — has gotten.

If he stays on the ticket, he will be told in no uncertain terms to reel it in.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Probably shouldn’t be lost on anyone that JD Vance = JDV.

5. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'd argue Vance's win is more indicative about how messed up Ohio is. It's all about Trump. You think Vance is a stiff? Check out Bernie Moreno, their current Senate candidate. Seems pretty clear both wrote checks to TeamTrump for their endorsement. Both have trashed him in the past. Both have interesting "proclivities" (not that there is anything wrong with that) and both figured the US Senate is the perfect place to start their political careers because the GOP seems to have such low standards for admission.

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

If Trump won’t show up for a scheduled debate, I hope the network gives Harris the stage for a 2-hr uninterrupted campaign speech.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Speculation Swirls About What Hit Trump. An Analysis Suggests It was a Bullet

F.B.I. Examining Bullet Fragments Found at Trump Rally Site

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Wait - the NY Post said the Obamas HATE Harris. They wanted someone else.

BTW - I realize the campaign has had to shift gears and pretty much just modify Biden stuff at this point. But I do like that they've just gone with "Harris for President" with a boring font. And not tried to overthink things. Logo-izing the thing.

upload_2024-7-26_3-35-29.jpeg

2muchcoffeeman and franticscribe like this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Probably will launch a new logo once they know a running mate.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I have no idea what is in Barack Obama's head. ... but there had to have been a reason that he didn't give an immediate endorsement when there was a push to lock it up for her before any legitimate challenge could throw a monkey in the wrench.

The fact that he's endorsing her doesn't mean that he loves her or hates her, it could just mean that he is lining up behind the woman who is the going to be the candidate of his party. Were you expecting him to be like, "You know what, I can't stand her, so I officially am endorsing Donald Trump"?

Draft saved Draft deleted