1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 college football offseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It's actually a little under 1,100. They did renovations on the facility to double attendance

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

3. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

We've come a long way from the scandal that was Minnesota State coach Hayden Fox marrying the local TV news reporter

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Agreed on all points. I'm just glad she won't pitch in the ACC (as I still wrap my head around the conference with Cal, Stanford and SMU).

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No word on if the bride will now go by Pole Assassin-Banks.

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He coaches special teams. His stripper wife can coach him up on the double or triple boink.

7. DanOregon

"Wedgie Busters!"

8. DanOregon

I don't know if the SID prepared him. Personally, I would have invited all the Big 10 fans to come out to Pasadena when their teams play UCLA "since it might be the only chance you get to play in the Rose Bowl!" Zing!

Or do a riff on Reggie White's "awkward" speech to the Wisconsin state legislature about the different races and cultures full of stereotypes.

"You Wisconsin fans? You'll love it in LA, we have the sun and your pasty white skin can get a little less pasty."
    "Rutgers? When you come out to California, you may notice a certain smell - actually it is the lack of a smell. But you'll get used to it."
    "Michigan fans? Hey, we know you'll be missing Coach Harbaugh, maybe you can swing by Sofi and convince him to come back."

9. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

The first time I saw Foster's opening, I thought he was just deadpanning it. I remember when Bo fired Frieder and brought in Fisher to coach as coach just before the NCAA Tournament. Fisher's opening comment was, "Hello, I'm Steve Fisher, coach of the Michigan basketball team."
    But then when Foster didn't follow up with some pertinent comments, it was painful and very weak.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Unlike Fisher, my guess is UCLA isn't winning a national title.

11. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Didn’t the aforementioned coach leave his family for the Pole Assassin?

12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Georgia has had at least 29 arrests or citations for speeding, reckless driving or racing since the crash that killed Willock and LeCroy 18 months ago.

The latest:

https://www.onlineathens.com/story/...rara-thomas-speeding-kirby-smart/74551886007/

Of note:

➤ Defensive back Jonel Aguero was cited in Barrow County for going 92 in a 65 on July 15, 2023, eastbound on University Parkway. Aguero completed a defensive driving class. Later, Aguero was cited for speeding, along with defensive back Justyn Rhett, on Feb. 16 in Athens after police said their Dodge Chargers were cutting in and out of traffic.

➤ Wide receiver Sacovie White was warned for going 89 in a 70 on July 3 in Bartow County and cited for having a cell phone in his lap. White previously was arrested for reckless driving and driving the wrong way on a one-way street in Athens on May 18 and for speeding in Dahlonega on March 30.

➤ On May 1, wide receiver Anthony Evans III was driving a 2023 Chevy Camaro at 104 miles per hour in a 70 MPH zone in Coweta County, southwest of Atlanta, according to the Georgia Department of Public Safety. He was also charged with failure to maintain lane after driving over rumble strips on the shoulder. Evans entered a not guilty plea, according to online court records.
    Sean McIlhinney, Evans attorney, said there were "unusual circumstances," surrounding Evans' speeding citation.
    "He was going to his uncle’s funeral in Texas," McIlhinney said Friday afternoon. "His uncle had passed away unexpectedly. He understands it doesn’t give him a free pass. He was going straight with a 15- or 16-hour drive. He takes it seriously. He understands the seriousness of it. We’re going to work out that case."

➤ Outside linebacker Quintavius Johnson was warned for going 94 in a 65 in Atlanta on May 24 but was only ticketed for not using his seat belt.

Draft saved Draft deleted