1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Trump just showed how racist he is and this was a win? He made Harris look better. He made it uncomfortable for independents to join him. And the GOP is collectively cringing. That’s not a win, dude. That’s an embarrassment on an epic scale.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That's saying something.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the marketplace of ideas is open for business debate me coward

gingerbread likes this.
  4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

This is the thing I've told the family members and friends whom I no longer really talk to because they went off the deep end: I'll remember. I'll always remember you supported him.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I love this line of thought of Trump was a real man and brave to go into the lions den and take the questions.

Same guy who won't debate Harris.

Fucking coward.

6. Twirling Time

Post-Hitler is the obvious comp when you frame it that way, but it'll be more like the post-Civil War I South where heads are hung in shame for a decade and then it's right back to Jim Crow business as usual.

OscarMadison, SFIND and gingerbread like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I agree, but I don't share your view that Trump has 254 electoral votes locked up.

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

So you think Trump did well?

It seems to me that, even if the conference itself was not all it could have been, or should have been, or has been for attending journalists in typical non-Olympic years, the NABJ did the country a favor by putting Trump out there, and attacking him, in the way that has been needed in order for him to be seen as he truly is -- where he wasn't allowed to talk in circles, or say nothing, or say such nonsensical stuff as to take the focus off whatever the actual questions were.

9. Twirling Time

If the metric for Stinky doing well was not saying "Alright, you got me, Sieg Heil," then I guess he did OK?

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

We'll have to see there. Fox and its TV ilk are all in on the racist remark that the Lord and Savior made. Soon, that narrative will wind its way to the Trumpists' newer media properties: the NYT, WaPo, CNN et al. At some point, the same corporate greed that killed careers for many of us will have to curtail this Harris momentum before it starts gobbling up too much support in swing states.

11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Did well is a relative term. I think his goal was to produce a chaotic experience, spew a ton of bullshit and run back to the loving MAGA and tell them that he fought for them. Which is exactly we he did and will do.

Whether the NABJ did the country a favor or not, they brought the circus to the national conference, which is not what it's supposed to be about. Now the conference has a couple more days, so hopefully Thursday and Friday it can revert back to the reason it exists.

OscarMadison and PaperClip529 like this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I wonder if they’re choosing a couple of key spots for maximum impact. Obama is the best club in the bag. The biggest bat. I think (hope) he’ll be used for maximum impact at the convention and down the stretch.

And I apologize for the mixed sports metaphors.

Draft saved Draft deleted