1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

2. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

What a disaster Trump is.

I wrote on here, hours after he got shot, that Trump just needed to do the minimum. No more speeches outside of the RNC. The image of the fist and flag would have carried him to November.

He just can’t resist.

Unless he would rather lose and claim the election was stolen. Allows him to save face.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

For what it's worth... I think it really stretches the limits of believability to suggest Paul Whelan was just some dude "grabbed off the street."

Neutral Corner and TigerVols like this.
  4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Important and timely update.

FB_IMG_1722527311434.jpg

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

A Harris presidency with a Republican Congress could bring about a Trump-free reckoning with the Republican Party. Could bring the Romney/Rubio/Ryan types back.

A Trump presidency will mean a Democrat wins in 2028 and they’ll have the Senate again. Maybe even the House.

Given that the Republicans have not won 51% of the popular vote since 1988, it may not even matter.

6. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I kind of like that Kamala hasn't made that much hay out of Trump's bed-shitting yesterday. She mentioned it in passing in an "Aren't we all tired of this by now?" way, then moved on to her own message. Her campaign seems pretty sharp so far.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’m curious as to how much retooling of themes and speakers for the Democratic convention has been happening on the fly the last couple of weeks. Could make for a bumpy ride or like the rest of the campaign could get a boost from the spontaneity.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

To use the boxing analogy upthread, don't give Trump a chance to get off the ropes and out of the corner. Take all the oxygen out of the room by keeping your message out front -- Harris has the momentum because she's not trying to go punch-for-punch with an idiot. Trump doesn't care what anyone says as long as the conversation is about him. Democrats have to avoid being reactive and continue being proactive.

The thing Trump hates worse than anything is being ignored.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The Democratic campaign class of punditry tells us the CEO of the convention is the best in the business and she will set the convention up to be a huge success.
    We'll see if the riots on the streets have anything to say about that.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I keep thinking the Palestinian solidarity protestors are going to bust up the Hot Veep Summer any day now, but they seem to be hanging fire, even if they haven’t publicly declared as much. Fingers crossed that they are figuring out you sometimes have to swallow a bad position to avoid a far worse one.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

A Fatfuck presidency means no more elections ever again. He said so a couple days ago.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

She doesn't have to as long as Fatfuck keeps plunging his head in the porta potty.

Big Circus and dixiehack like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted