1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What, one that's working?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump has invoked Hannibal Lecter in how many campaign rallies now? That's some weird campaign messaging, no matter what you say.

OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I haven't watched CNN in literally years, so ...

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

If he were that ambitious, he would have known not to want this job. Either they win and in four years they are out because that's what voters have done for the last 30 years -- ditching the party with two terms in the White House -- or he's on a ticket that loses to Trump they never turn to him as a presidential candidate. In eight years he's still younger than Kamala is now and can be a front-runner and not a second fiddle. Also by then he's probably in congress bolstering that resume.

maumann, jr/shotglass and gingerbread like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think there is a problem with either approach. If I was in discussion for veep, I'd want to know what my role would be in the administration, I wouldn't want to just be a stand in, I'd want responsibilities.

7. Starman

And Shspiro can patch up his weaknesses with teachers unions and on the Palestinian issue (on which his best strategy is to quietly tiptoe around it. Don't waver on supporting Israel, as the U.S. has for 75 years -- but make it clear that Bibi, personally, is making things worse.") Make it clear that support for Israel the state and support for Bibi the tinpot autocrat are not the same thing.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"The Vice Presidency isn't worth a bucket of warm piss." ~ John Nance Garner

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Shapiro is sharp. His main problem is Casey is only 64 and Fetterman is younger and just as much pro-Israel.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[Types 20 sentences of erudite nonsense and suddenly becomes confused by the colloquial term weird.]

12. Starman

CNN is fretting about how can Trump counter this unexpectedly aggressive attack. Are the democrats just riding a sugar high? Are voters getting tired of personal attacks from the democrats??

Draft saved Draft deleted