1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I would be surprised if they put Obama on Wednesday (Walz's night) or Thursday (Harris' night).

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If the Democrats do pull this election out, my hope is that the party will throw Biden some kind of big thank you gala come December. For all the grief we gave him when the election was slipping away, he’s been an unusually effective one-term president and he made a huge sacrifice (eventually) giving up the big desk gracefully.

OscarMadison, Slacker, Cosmo and 6 others like this.
  3. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

4. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I would have Obama introduce Harris. Go big. Harris's stump speech has been strong and passionate. O won't deter from her.

Slacker likes this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

A second post, but didn't want to lump them together:

This Elon/Trump thing tonight has a chance to legendarily awful and a misstep, doesn't it?

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

It’s interesting. Guy who builds and sells cars that don’t use gas full-time aligns with the klan that treats oil wells as religious shrines.

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Helluva story there (I'd expect nothing less from the Alligator). That guy hiring GOP cronies to fat-salaried jobs within the school's communications office is especially grating, considering the grunt work of those offices is usually done by ex-journos who don't make as much as they should (but are happy to have university benefits). Then one day they find out someone's atop their org chart working remotely and making more money in a year than they make in a decade.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He feels at home there.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

The real number might be bigger than that, because of the Dobbs Tax that polls regularly miss.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

It just meant more, so he had to spend more.

tapintoamerica and matt_garth like this.
  12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

And the Republicans said Air Force 2 needs a deep cleaning ... think of the action the couches on Epstein's plane got!

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted