1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Take that money and put it into Montana, NC, or any of the other close races that can actually yield results.

gingerbread likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Now this is how you do oppo.

https://www.cnn.com/2024/08/13/politics/kentucky-startup-appharvest-jd-vance/index.html

"AppHarvest employees said they were forced to work in grueling conditions inside the company’s greenhouse, where temperatures often soared into the triple digits. Complaints filed with the US Department of Labor and a Kentucky regulator between 2020 and 2023 show that workers alleged they were given insufficient water breaks and weren’t provided adequate safety gear. Some workers said they suffered heat exhaustion or injuries, though state inspectors did not find violations.

Despite promising local jobs, the company eventually began contracting migrant workers from Mexico, Guatemala and other countries, numerous former employees told CNN."

matt_garth likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If it forces the GOP to spend more campaign money in Florida, that's all to the good as well.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Vomit emoji

6. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

The summer when I was 8 years old, I rode my bike, played with friends, talked about what we would do tomorrow. My grandson is now 8 years old, does much of the same but also seems interested in political discourse. His parents aren't "active" political watchers but this partisan discourse has been a part of his life his whole life whether camp counselors, older kids, other parents, casual conversation, TV ads, everything. I admit he knows where his close family stands (apart). I applaud him for standing a ground by saying "People who are for Harris will lie about Trump, and people for Trump will lie about Harris!" Kids are watching. Carry on.

2muchcoffeeman, TigerVols and maumann like this.
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but Joe Biden refused to give the NYT an exclusive one-on-one interview, so anything Trump does is fine with them.

2muchcoffeeman, matt_garth and garrow like this.
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

No, I can't believe it.

qtlaw likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought it was hell."
    --Harry Truman

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

TBF, the machine is broken most of the time anyway.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If Trump could operate a McFlurry, he’d never leave his house.

12. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Changed that a little bit for ya

Draft saved Draft deleted