1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That's not the drill this time. The idea will be to file some lawsuit that ends with the Supreme Court saying Trump won by a 6-3 vote. If it's really close, I wouldn't put it past the six. But if like last time it means throwing out 5-6 state elections, I don't think they'll have the guts.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

"if"

[​IMG]

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

False. In 2016 and 2020, the number of people who voted for Trump < number voting for the Democrat. The reason your boy won in 2016 is the Electoral College, a vestige of racism ironically revered by people who hate actual college.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

What's the whole "your boy" thing?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Trump loves grits. Sorry, I meant grifts.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

How the parties view abortion informs a lot of that. Can you imagine any motivation other than a bad one for people feeling the way they do about abortion?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

garrow likes this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

CNN on its knees again.

How does he taste, Tapper?

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Her name is Kamala Harris.

WriteThinking and matt_garth like this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That is a tad strong, tap. I think he's made it pretty clear he isn't Team Fatfuck. But we have gotten to the point where anybody who tries to lend balance to the debate is accused of being squarely on the other side.

MileHigh and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

nah

Azrael likes this.
  12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Of course the economy will be a big factor in the election. The good thing is employment has been strong coming out of the pandemic. And inflation/mortgage rates are trending in a good direction. And there's every indication there will be a cut to to the interest rate next month. And there was a recent Financial Time survey that showed people trust Harris on the economy more than trump. Probably an outlier. But if that number is even close, it's good news for Harris. As is recent data that shows she's cutting into trump's advantage on non-college educated white men.

What exactly did trump do, other than slash taxes for the ultra wealthy? And he left office with the economy in shambles. The pandemic wasn't his fault, but he did make things worse. And it was on his watch, and I've been told presidents get the blame for that stuff regardless.

In normal times, the economy might be the only big issue, and that would be an uphill climb for Democrats. But, things are improving, so that helps. And it's far from the only issue. Roe is going to be an enormous factor in this election. I also think Jan. 6 is going to be a big factor.

And I don't underestimate the "vibe," though I am getting a little sick of the word. All trump's message includes is hate and negativity. There's been a lot of that since trump came on the political scene. And I believe voters are sick and fucking tired of it. He's too old and offers the same garbage.

Harris/Walz offer a positive vision after years of doom and gloom and a pandemic hangover. That's going to be a factor as well.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
Draft saved Draft deleted