1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

And anyone who violates the law will be dragged to fucking jail.

qtlaw likes this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Good thing he decided to get back out there. Much of the same so far today

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this example of what true Christianity looks like.

4. TigerVols

In fairness to JV, the Biden Cabinet has done a terrible job of getting themselves into the media, crowing about achievements, Mayor Pete the lone exception.
    When was the last time you saw Grantholm touting falling gas prices?

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I missed the part where I said anything about the popular vote. ... or about Donald Trump being "my boy." :rolleyes:

What I said -- have said multiple times -- is that he won in 2016 (obviously) , it was way closer in 2020 than is comprehensible after his 4 years as president, and it's an actual race this time around. ... He would have trounced Joe Biden the way things were going, and he's neck and neck with someone who doesn't have half a foot in a nursing home.

If you are the kind of person who gets that unhinged over people who don't paint their face with your team colors and chug beers with you. ... I guess it's too much to expect you to take a step back and take stock of the team. But newsflash: Donald Trump should be the most beatable candidate on earth at this point, yet what the Democrats offer up resonates so poorly that he may still actually win. It's sad for the country, actually, that this is where we are at. But we reap what we sow.

OscarMadison, TigerVols and HanSenSE like this.
  6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I move that we go back to grits.

Do I have a second?

7. TigerVols

He loves them both, covered in butter.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Only one of these is shrimp and grits.

Spicy-Shrimp-Creamy-Polenta-.jpg

Easy-Classic-Shrimp-and-Grits-square.jpg

FullSizeRender-34.jpeg

shrimp-and-polenta-on-plate-close-up_.jpg

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Forty percent of this country (at minimum) is not going to be happy until this country is dragged back to the 1950s culturally. They want the gays back in the closet "where they belong" so they don't have to look at them, explain them to their kids or, most importantly, accept them. They'll tolerate "the Blacks," but only if they act a certain way, dress a certain way and talk a certain way. I don't believe I need to explain what that way is. They want Christian values shoved in everyone's faces, especially any foreigners who worship anything else, and abortion prohibited as a result.

For these people, the economy is irrelevant. That is what the majority of Trump's rise was about. They knew he was a goofy buffoon who couldn't articulate a plan for anything because he didn't have one. But he talked about "The good old days," and so many of these nitwits simply want that way of life back. It's the reason The Villages is so damned popular; a literal Pleasantville for geezers.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If you ever need a New Mac to help in the kitchen, please DM me.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Thought for the day: Another pressurization cycle on the Fat Orange 737, as the airframe ages even as I type this.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Someone on Twitter compared Trump’s Boeing to driving around in a, “clapped out 1991 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.”

Draft saved Draft deleted