1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Watched Ep 1 last night. It's certainly something I'm going to stay with.

Although I think they could have a better side story than the voodoo lady.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

"Bad Monkey"; Vince Vaughn doing his best VV (Swingers, Curb, etc.), just good fun.

3. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I’m enjoying Mr. Throwback on Peacock. It stars Stephen Curry, Adam Pally and Ego Nwodim. It’s a mockumentary where Pally is Steph’s childhood friend who comes back into his life.

garrow likes this.
  4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

We binged A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder. The lead actress was utterly charming but I thought that the murder mystery part of it fell a little short.

qtlaw likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Watching Bosch: Legacy. Obviously not as good as the original series, but for a way to keep the character going and deliver a cheaper product it works. Nice how they work in some of the old characters when they can. Didn't realize how crucial Lance Reddick's Capt. Irvin was to the whole enterprise. The new show lacks that figure who is Bosch's equal - someone who he has a love/hate relationship with.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I like that show, especially the cool music at beginning and throughout. I keep waiting for another season. Also, I like the TV version of "Lincoln Lawyer," especially his secretary/ex-wife Becki Newton, who was also Barney Stinson's stripper/girlfriend on "How I Met Your Mother."

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Lincoln Lawyer is a solid show. Loved the movie.

8. Webster

The narration in the first episode of Bad Monkey feels very Dukes of Hazzard.

Lt.Drebin likes this.
  9. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I haven’t finished the first episode yet, but I found the narration takes me out of the show each time.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is very well said.
    The problem with Bad Monkey is that it is not nearly as funny as it thinks it is.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Anyone watching/finished Industry? Three episodes in for Season 1 and enjoying it; intense, high pressure, fast moving storyline.

Cosmo likes this.
  12. Webster

We are going to stick with it. I like Vaughn, the coroner and Vaughn’s partner. It’s not going to win any Emmys, but it is an enjoyable enough of a time.

Draft saved Draft deleted