1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football Week Zero Thread: Give Ireland Back to the Irish

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HappyCurmudgeon, Aug 19, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I don't know about need, but I kinda want. I love having the 10:59 p.m. Hawaii game in my back pocket and finding it on CBSSN or some oddball streaming network. It's like finding an extra present under the Christmas tree, or gorging on Taco Bell at 2 a.m.

MileHigh, Liut and HappyCurmudgeon like this.
  2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

If Hawaii's football team was ever in danger of folding, bookies would line up to help.

Webster, poindexter, MileHigh and 5 others like this.
  3. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

MEAC/SWAC Challenge in Atlanta

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Eff Notre Dame. We night owls need Hawaii to have a national broadcast contract for its home games.

Batman likes this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Seminoles and Yellow Jackets just scream "DUBLIN!"

Unless you're talking about the town in Laurens County just off I-16.

playthrough likes this.
  6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

When I was putting together the grid for the aborted thread, I looked in vain to see if there was any way to watch the Hawaii game on a television set back on the mainland. The PPV appears to be Hawaii only (not sure if Delaware can get it). Closest thing I found was a stream on something called the Team1 app, but all the reviews indicated it was limited to mobile devices only and could not be streamed on a TV set.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

I am of the belief that anything streamed on the phone can be streamed on TV.

Also surprised that DraftKings or FanDuel TV hasn't signed Hawaii to some sort of special streaming deal given how good that program is to the betting bottom line.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So, of course they'll throw it back to the studio for scores and highlights.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Had a similar experience during the covid season when San Jose State was at Hawaii. I didn't have a TV I could stream it to, so watched on the phone.

Batman likes this.
  11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Florida State, you are tremendous
    And nobody knows like me.
    But really, what are you doing,
    kicking off across the sea?

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I always enjoyed coming home from work on the copy desk relatively early on Christmas Eve and turning on the Hawaii Bowl, which frequently had Hawaii playing in it.

Something about everyone being asleep, nothing else on TV and the lit-up tree in the living room just made me feel like I was the only one in America watching the Hawaii Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted