1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Man, if y'all want to see two of the dumbest motherfuckers in the nation having a conversation go watch Theo Von interviewing Donald Trump.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Guys actually think that there are other fish in the sea. If a guy introduces his boy to his new girlfriend, and when they walk away, his boy goes, "Aww man, she's nice. I gotta get me a girl like that." If a woman introduces her new man to her girlfriend, and they walk away, her girlfriend goes, "I gotta get HIM, and I will slit that bitch's throat to do it."

-Chris Rock

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The fact that fun is considered "over the top" tells you everything you need to know about how miserable the other side is.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Which Theo Von, podcaster of the cools ...

... or child of the corn cult?

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

The other 10% are gay.

(But seriously, regarding Doug Emhoff's affair: If I were his wife and that happened, I'd be crushed. Devastated. I don't know if I could forgive, but I hope I'd try. I hope I'd have the grace of Kerstin Emhoff, who not only forgave Doug, but is loud and proud at the convention supporting what is still her family.

She even produced this beautiful video with their son:

As for the teacher, I'm thankful Doug has the decency to know it's HER choice to tell the world what became of her pregnancy, or not. She doesn't owe me or you or Megyn Kelly a damn thing.)

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

Considering how much Trump values a big production and showmanship, that roll call has to bother him nearly as much as Barack's accordion hands. They put it together in weeks, with the cooperation of producers and all the state delegations, and without any leaks.

8. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

The speech in Ku Klux Klan City, Mich., was extremely low wattage even for him

9. BitterYoungMatador2

Looks like he got married in his late 20s, which means they probably met in their early-mid 20s. Most of the people I know who got married at this age are either divorced or want to be. What your interests and goals are at 25 a lot of times are totally different at 35 and then might be different again at 45. People grow apart from each other and, by the time that affair happened, these two were probably so distant as a couple you could park Clarence Thomas's bus between them. The fact that they're apparently on good terms I think is telling.

2muchcoffeeman and gingerbread like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

The one thing Democrats have excelled at since the Obama years is lack of leaks, which means more of a united front. The only really bad leaks I can remember were the ones ripping into Harris when she first was VP. Ironic now, of course.

2muchcoffeeman and gingerbread like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

I was texting with my 74-year-old mom last night who went from, "this is a waste of time" to "this is kinda' fun" by the end of it. My wife and I were trying to predict which song for each state (I nailed Alicia Keys for New York and California Love. I would have used Nirvana for Washington because Smells Like Teen Spirit has one of the best and most well-known opening riffs in rock history. She predicted Texas correctly).

It's like the old people finally let the kids run things and, surprise, it worked. Meanwhile, they followed that up with speeches by...Chuck Schumer and Bernie, who both threw a bucket of cold water on the energy. Yinz seeing what I mean now when I was saying this needed to showcase the youth and not just parade out the usual suspects?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    tea and ease, garrow, wicked and 3 others like this.
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That all may be true, but it also feels like a weak excuse for doing something very shitty. Maybe I just see it that way because I was 23 when I met my wife, 27 when we got married.

Draft saved Draft deleted