1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If we're going to feature the theremin, there's only one choice:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    matt_garth and TowelWaver like this.
  2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Drum Corps International Finals, my good sir. (I believe at least one of our members is a DCI alum.)

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

50 MAGA politicians who served in the military signed a letter accusing Walz of stolen valor. But 29 of the signees misrepresented their service on the document. Most put “Ret.” by their name - despite not actually retiring from the military but simply not re-enlisting. Most egregious was, naturally, Ronny Jackson who keeps claiming to be an admiral even though he was busted down to a captain.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As I've stated before, the military stuff is so fucking disgusting. The people who signed served and I respect that service. What they're doing now is dishonorable and they know it.

Thankfully this version of switftboating seems to be a dud.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

JUST IN: Robert Kennedy Jr. is planning to drop out of the presidential race by the end of this week, sources familiar with the decision told ABC News

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And all that talk about Doug, it’s interesting that his ex-wife is supporting Kamala publicly more than Melania is supporting her husband.

8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Most of the brainworm vote was already going to trump, right?

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Does the betting markets include bets from outside the USA? I believe they do, right...maybe all of the bets?

Meanwhile, many of the polls I'd seen since I started paying attention to them seem to show that Harris performs just fine in a 2-way vs. a 3-way race...as if Wormbrain was pulling a good chunk of voters from Trump more than from her.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

There were reports he approached Harris last week asking for a cabinet position for dropping out and endorsing her, and she rebuffed him.

So he headed straight for the guy who is always willing to sell his principles for the right price. Does the level of the position he'll get in a Trump White House drop, because he used up his leverage by blowing his shot with Harris first, or is it a given that he's going to be turning the Office of Science and Technology Policy into a giant taxpayer-funded conspiracy theory?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
    gingerbread likes this.
  11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I would suspect that a good chunk of the Brainworm vote was “both of the candidates suck” and will either split back into their usual camps (Trump-leaning), or, more likely, stay home.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Looking at things from an Electoral College perspective, I still don’t see Harris losing any states that Biden won in 2020 except maybe Georgia (16 EVs.)

And I’ll be so bold as to predict that both Florida and North Carolina will be close enough to trigger mandatory recounts.

Driftwood and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted