1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Fair enough, Lake of Fail, etc., etc. ...

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Bubba's pitching like this era of Gaylord Perry but he bit off the corner, strike 3, with that McDonald's zinger.

[​IMG]

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I just realized, even as long as he's been out of office, Clinton is still younger than three of his four successors.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

SPITBALLS!

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bubba starting to cook now.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Not tuned in yet, and I know he had some heart issues, but it's hard to come to grips with a politician who absolutely traded on youth and stuff being 78.

dixiehack likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He spoke at the Celebration of Life for Willie Mays last month and was just as eloquent.

8. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Remember how, just years months weeks ago, critics here and beyond were bemoaning the Democrats' lack of bench strength?

The tide is turning. Damn glad to see it.

9. HanSenSE

Hanibal Lechter ... zing!

10. HanSenSE

This is where a Harris presidency will open many doors. Not just for women or people of color, but for the next generation of Democrats.

11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

For all the eyerolling I give Republicans in my state of Georgia (especially my less-than-useless representative), thank the damn Lord people like Duncan, Raffensberger and Kemp were patriotic enough to tell Trump to go suck himself on Election Night. I'm certain they were under tremendous pressure, not only from Washington but from the state GOP, to perpetuate the false narrative Trump has never stopped bleating about.

I don't know if Georgia can continue to flip blue in three months but I'm proud to know the stopgaps were there four years ago. I have a lot of respect for those men, even though I voted against them in 2020, and don't agree with many of their policies. But they did the jobs they were elected to do.

My neighborhood is festooned with Trump garden flags, to which I mentally give the flying finger every trip in and out. We have our annual HOA meeting next month and I won't say a thing because it's my right to keep my ballot a secret. But those people are no longer welcome at my front door. No amount of deprogramming will wash the cult away. Same thing with a majority of the people in the RV park in Bradenton.

Hopefully I'm not the one checking out real estate in Ontario the day after the election. But don't think that hasn't crossed my mind.

This week only cements the idea that there is still a large group of Americans in both parties willing to fight for democracy ahead of crazy. I only hope it's enough in the right states that determine the fate of the American Experiment.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

OK, I tuned in for a bit.

This Ol' Yeller is still yappin?

Draft saved Draft deleted