1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I went ahead and wrote in Kasich's name in the general ... and caught some shit here later.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

One of the greatest gifts my parents gave me was the freedom to make my own decisions. There was little, if any, talk of politics in my house when I was growing up. I don't think I learned until college that both my parents were reliable Republican voters. My dad skewed Libertarian. Dad was in the military for 11 years, and I grew up in the Midwest. My folks' being Republican wasn't a surprise.

They raised three kids to think on their own. We had political discussions as adults, but there was no effort to make us think like they did when we were young.

My dad's last presidential vote before he died was for Gary Johnson. He knew trump was a fraud. My mom didn't care for Hillary and wrote someone in for 2016. And then became as anti-trump as any liberal I've ever met. His trashing of religion and basic decency really pissed her off.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A lot of this confirms what I’ve felt when we get accused of being a liberal echo chamber on this board. There used to be a bigger mix, but if so many have shifted left because they are repulsed by what the GOP has become, then what’s left?

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

@Baron Scicluna

According to Jesse ran for four years on RT until the invasion from what I see online. Pulled due to sanctions.

5. Machine Head

Word on the street RFK Jr has a developmental deal in place on Magnolia Network for a roadkill cooking show

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Completely utter rubbish by you.
    Nobody stood up to Trump in the entire GOP. You can count on about four fingers the ones who did, and they they thrown out of the party so fast, everyone got whiplash.

So either 99.1% of GOPers are in line with Trump's thinking; or 99.1% of the party are absolutely the biggest bunch of cowards to ever walk the face of the earth. Because they were terrified to stand up to him.

I find Republican apologists like you to be utterly repulsive. The excuse-making of Republicans like you sicken me.

7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The world has been crying out for a boutique home furnishings store named Shiplap & Brainworms.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

"I'm not a Republican. I just defend them at every turn and shit-talk Democrats endlessly."

9. Machine Head

It’s the perfect melding of trends that need to be shot into the sun!

Skip and his shiplap, along with RFK Jr and his ‘secret’ foam recipe that he adds to every dish.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Trump did run as the anti-establishment candidate in '16 - and establishment types in elected office or broadcasting either bent the knee (Ted Cruz, Rubio, Mark Levin and Glen Beck), retired (Romney, Ryan) or were voted out (Cheney).

Going back to how far this degradation of the GOP goes, Limbaugh didn't create the feelings, he only amplified them (with the end of the equal time provision). He said things in a way that connected to people and made them feel connected in ways the GOP had never done before. It had always been a top-down party prior to Rush. Its now very clearly a "bottom-up" party that regularly replaces its leaders when the base grows dissatisfied with the results in DC.
    Bob Michel gave way to Newt Gingrich, Gingrich gave way to Hastert/DeLay, who gave way to John Boehner, who gave way to Ryan, who gave way to McCarthy/Johnson. Six different GOP House leaders in the time of Pelosi.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2024
    gingerbread likes this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Draft saved Draft deleted