1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I have pushed AJ Pierzynski out of my consciousness. It may take another World Series before I forget AJ Pollock. It’s been a year and I still want to kick something.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

If true, that sucks!

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

No one deserves to win the American League. Spin a wheel.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Huggy Jr. played for years against Votto's twin brothers (they are much younger than him). They were decked out in red Nike cleats, had monogrammed Rawlings gloves, Reds-branded gear bags, the whole bit but didn't like to play the game and it showed in their effort. Huggy Jr. could strike them out with little effort, I told him after a while "Do that to their older brother and I'll be impressed."

I thought the Jays would bring him up for the Reds series. Credit to Votto for not wanting to be a sideshow and only wanting to get back to the bigs if he earned it.

Is he a Cooperstown guy? Yeah, he's better than Helton but I was a big Don Mattingly fan too. Votto will get there eventually.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2024
    maumann likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Wow! Someone got shitfaced and started doom posting about the Orioles in the SJ.com MLB thread last night!

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I really, really hate that you're probably right.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In that scenario, the Rays would win due to intangibles. My column:

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Man, the Tigers' beat writers pointed out no locker for Javy Baez tonight. I thought maybe Scott Harris had convinced owner Chris Ilitch to eat the remainder of his $73M salary and move on. Nope, he's going on the IL.

However, Harris can't kick the can down the road indefinitely. Baez is dead money, is under contract through 2027 and has no dead cat bounce left. The sooner Detroit parts ways, the faster they can find an actual league replacement shortshop.

Yeah, it's not my money. But the Tigers have one of the lowest payrolls in the majors. And Baez was Al Avila's idea, not Harris'.

Like the Democrats, I want Harris to say "I'm not going back."

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Fun with Judge stats, part whatever

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Awful paywall.

Draft saved Draft deleted