1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The War on Christmas starts earlier each year.

“She wants no Merry Christmas…No, we’re going to have Merry Christmas just like we got for everybody seven years ago. We brought it back. It was in deep trouble. We brought it back”

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 24, 2024
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Kari Lake speaking at today's Trump event. Check out the teleprompter.

[​IMG]

4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

What musical artists would allow Stinky to play speakers off and on, to think about it?

Lee Greenwood, Kid Rock, Ted Nugent and a handful of obscure Southern Gospel acts would be about it.

When Stinky stands before the prison gates, I hope Lee Greenwood's "Howe's Lubricator" trucker jingle is played.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Many Gen Z Men Feel Left Behind. Some See Trump as an Answer.

In interviews with young men planning to vote for Mr. Trump, they described feeling unvalued. They said it had become harder to be a man. They valued strength in a president. Yet they didn’t express bitter misogyny or praise the exaggerated displays of brawn embraced by the Trump campaign. Their concerns were mostly economic, like whether they could fulfill the traditionally masculine role of supporting a family.

In recent years, the two parties have been seen as offering men different visions of their place in American society, researchers said. While the right has embraced conventional masculinity, the left has seemed to shun it, leaving many young men looking for an alternative.

“I’m going to talk as a feminist: We do it, when we try to suggest women are brilliant and men are the problem,” said Niobe Way, a professor of developmental psychology at N.Y.U. who has studied boys and men for four decades and in July published “Rebels With a Cause: Reimagining Boys, Ourselves and Our Culture.”

Conversely, she said, “Trump is definitely saying, ‘I see you, I value you, I see your masculinity.’”

Later:

“We tend to be just in general looked down upon,” said Daniel Romstad, 28, a Trump voter and a high school graduate in Lapeer, Mich., who works in auto body repair. It starts early, he said: “The school system in general is more geared toward girls just because they’re easier.”

I think that's accurate.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Men who are losers in life value Trump.
    Absolute shocker.

9. melock

melock Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yawn. Another trip to the diner.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Geared toward girls." Sure.

Or they've been taught this sort of no-confidence self-loathing by bigbrainmoneymakers like Jordan Peterson, whose con is to tell boys that in order for women to succeed, men must fail.

The condition of masculinity in modernity has been largely the same since the draft ended. See, for example, Robert Bly.

You want to produce a generation of manly men who know how to make a bed and shoot their dinner?

Reintroduce the draft.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Your dismissiveness smacks of ideology more than current thought process around it.

I think it is. And not particularly because of any ideology as, classroom management is much more of a thing than it was, say, 40 years ago, and boys, often 1-2 years behind girls in brain development, get caught in the "management" piece a lot more.

The majority of these young men have barely a notion of who Jordan Peterson is. Plus, Peterson is barely a notion in culture at this moment, and hasn't been since Covid.

What would be drafting men into? And if we drafted men and not women, would we be saying something about the difference between the two that is inherently offensive to women?

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted