1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That Trump has the support he has, after everything he's done and said over the last 8 plus years is not a good look for our country. I just don't see how undecideds could break for Trump, knowing what they know. But then again they still claim to be undecided.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

270 isn't gonna cut it.

That opens everything up to shenanigans. Ev-ery-thing. Flipping just the smallest state with 3 EVs would do it for Stinky and Flipper at 270. The Dems have to run up the score, take all seven of the battleground states and the Omaha congressional district, and maybe nick Florida or Texas (or both). That would be the highest water mark of the blue tsunami possible. The Dems need to leave absolutely no question.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wasn’t aware that Slovakian right wingers were eligible to run for president.

OscarMadison, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  4. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a fair argument for banning them, though I would still err on the side of using technology rather than banning it. One reason is that it better reflects the skills they are going to need in college and in their careers.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Sweep the leg!

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I don’t agree with banning them. I like them because it frees up what I can do. I also like mixing it up because not being completely on screens seems to have benefits.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Another one of the Profiles in Courage who decided to wait until they could make money to call out this clown.

Among the things suggested in the book, according to the article:
    • Trump wanted to "bomb" the drugs in Mexico, who knows what that even means
    • Trump wanted to take out the entire North Korean army during one of their mass demonstrations for Kim
    • Bannon suggested turning the Afghanistan war over to private American military contractors
    Ten years ago, these each would've been headlines along the lines of "Trump proposes buying Greenland" or "Trump suggests injecting bleach." Instead we just shake our head and go about our days.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Trump is RTing an account that uses the N-word to describe Blacks, the F-word to describe homosexuals and denies the Holocaust happened.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Given what's happened in the last two months of this election, one hesitates to make forecasts, but I have a harder time seeing how Trump reverses Harris's surge than I do seeing hers continue. One tell is the polls showing Biden's approval rating going up since he dropped out. People didn't think he was a bad President so much as that he wasn't able to be President anymore.

12. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Grand jury finds Sacramento police illegally shared driver data with anti-abortion states, those fukcs.

Draft saved Draft deleted