1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Regular Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Mar 20, 2024.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

"Aaron Judge ain't nuthin', Wilburrrr ..."

2. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I can't believe how horrible they are - and that no one aeound baseball is really talking about it.

They are in the place the Pittsburgh Pirates were in circa 1985.

I can't revel in it either as I've always kind of liked the White Sox.

I Should Coco and Liut like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They are tooth and nail with the 2003 Tigers right now. The Tigers went on a 5-21 streak at this point to be 36-118.

Then they won five of their final six against the Royals and Twins to escape the 1962 Mets.

Octave and Liut like this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

We need Harry Carey to try to pronounce Schwellenbach

[​IMG]

Batman likes this.
  5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The White Sox are so dull, people in the most negative society of all-time don't even pay attention to them when they lose at a record-setting rate.

6. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

William VanLandingham is throwing long toss as we speak.

MTM, matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I have to say, the complete disintegration of the White Sox took place off my radar screen. Like, they've never been on it much anyhow, but was it so long ago the franchise was actually optimistic, than sank into its traditional mediocritude? That's where I sort of let them. How did it come to this?

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

It all starts with “HEY!”

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

This article sums it up fairly well, but the short answer is the core of their roster either rapidly fell off the aging cliff (Grandal, Abreu), randomly started sucking (Anderson, Giolito), or got hurt (Moncada, Jimenez), no one stepped up from the farm to replace them and Reinsdorf cheaped out (though at this point, his checkbook is probably the difference between a cheap 120-loss team and an expensive 100-loss team).

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My work schedule precludes me from watching Orioles-Dodgers this week, so waking up to see a 3-2 road win with Cole Irvin starting the game was a pleasant surprise.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Quoted for posterity.

Octave likes this.
  12. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Nobody cares, but the Tigers are above .500 for the first time in August since 2016. And they're doing it with kids who still haven't gotten their mail forwarded from Toledo yet. Yeah, they're beating up on the White Sox and Angels this week, but they're learning how to beat bad teams. And 12-3 over their last 15 games isn't shabby.

Too bad the AL Central appears to be stacked for the foreseeable future.

Liut likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted