1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The Herald used to do a good job punching above its weight in a troubled small city. I assume it does not any more because nowhere does.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"We’re once again faced with a situation where a substantial bloc of American politics is talking about committing acts of violence and bringing down the government. We saw this before, in 2020, in the run-up to that election and the aftermath. A lot of us held back; obviously, these guys have a long history of blowing off a lot of steam, talking, and wildly exaggerating their actual ability to carry out a threat. But I think we saw on January 6th, that was probably not the wisest view to take. We should have been paying more attention to what these guys were saying amongst themselves online. And what they’re saying amongst themselves right now is probably disturbing. Because they’re talking about shooting their neighbors."

https://prospect.org/politics/2024-08-28-election-story-nobody-talks-about-neiwert-qa/

3. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

4. dixiehack

Excellent pull Inky. I’m sure this part may come as a surprise to those who prattle on about SECeccionist states.

Being progressive does not make me a “cool” in my Deep South exurb, no matter how much someone needs to cling to that rubric to feel better about himself.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the whole thing gives the family of the deceased some comfort, I have no problem with the photo. Military families have allowed themselves to be used by politicians forever, but there is no excuse for getting physical with an Arlington staffer.
    I'd love to see a deep dive on Trump 2.0's potential White House stafff, the ones who haven't turned on him or are in jail at least.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The double amputee on the left - who I assume is a veteran - seems a bit bothered by the grinning photo op.

7. DanOregon

He's just pissed because he can't do the "thumbs up!"

Yes, I'm going to hell......:confused:

8. dixiehack

It’s not just about those who were present. They don’t get to waive federal law because it lifts their spirits for a day. Their rights don’t supersede those of other families with loved ones buried there who are furious at this craven display.

9. DanOregon

Well, Kennedy's endorsement looks like it produced quite a bump....

2024 National Multi-Candidate | RealClearPolling/

And of course you are right DH, the two soldiers on either side didn't give their consent. But looking at that family, I figure they are in the FYF crowd, were before, are now and always will be.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Thank you. It’s not just the grinning photo. There was a TikTok as well. And the family should have never been put in that position. The law is in place for damn important reason.

I feel the same level of disgust that I felt seeing tourists take selfies at a concentration camp outside of Berlin. But it’s just trump being trump!

He’s the absolute worst this country has to offer.

11. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I can vouch that it's not. Albany's pagination was outsourced to my company as the SCNI chain (also led by Gwinnett, which itself went from a large warehouse HQ to a storefront office) began its decline to vanishing altogether.

Albany is now owned by the Courier Herald of Dublin, whose population is a quarter the size of Albany. Its sports coverage basically consists of a one-man part-time unit with its fair share of straight SID press releases (so lazily put in for publication that they still say "click here for more information" when made for print).

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

"Sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't."
    [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted