1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Now?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And of course, Trump always said he was doing great, said he'd overturn the ACA, didn't....and the base is still in his corner. Weird.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Remember much of his base still thinks JC is coming tomorrow (the rapture).

4. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

It's like Jews for Hitler.

Twirling Time and HanSenSE like this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Again, Tim Ryan was so shitty at this that he lost to this guy.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

From where? Western Canada?

7. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Four things that came to mind as I was sitting in a Chick-fil-A in the buckle of the Bible Belt this afternoon, full of obese people wearing Jesus-themed T-shirts:

1. The servers looked like they'd convert the most devout LDS missionaries. Up With People was a drug-addled cult compared to these kids.

2. "Christians for Trump" really don't understand Christianity at all. I'm not sure they could even quote a single Gospel verse.

3. This election will be decided in swing states by the people most in danger of losing their futures: women, minorities and people under the age of 40. There are way more of them than old white men.

4. It only takes a plurality to win all the electoral votes in each state, not a majority. I sure hope that's enough.

franticscribe and matt_garth like this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

OK. The Army strikes me, at this point, as centrist.

I didn't anticipate the idea being that shocking. I suppose I don't think the army is prediposed, at this point, to be right wing. Especially with Trump around.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Does the GOP think there’s a more serious version of Trump - able to carry a coherent thought and process information - that comes out behind closed doors?

… because there’s not.

garrow likes this.
  10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We’re gonna have to check with @JC about that.

11. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Good lord. Either my google-foo is off looking for this, or it's the ACTUAL "English Standard Version" of what was purportedly said. Too perfect of a pull if true.

She did get unfair hate. Eighteen years old... under pressure to perform... a KID doing what 18 yr olds do... fucking up! That being said, I often say "such as" when making fun of myself. But I'd never post her as a public punchline.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Remember, the Shiite anti-abortionists, the ones who were perfectly fine with bombing clinics, they've been holding their breath for 50 years, since day one, for SCOTUS to end the whole battle all at once with a fetal-life-begins-at-conception ruling which would end the debate forever. They don't want to fight their way through 50 state legislatures year after year. They'll kill whoever gets in their way.

Draft saved Draft deleted