1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black....Orwell's 1984 is really coming to life....

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Biden should seize SpaceX under Defense Authorization Act. Also strip Musk of his security clearance and commence counterespionage investigation. Asshole is an enemy of America. Treat him like one.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oasis playing the lead-in music?

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Considering what other legit journos do when one of their own is "shunned" by a newsmaker - I'd like to see every major new outlet disengage from X. I'm sure many like me, mainly use the platform to keep up to date on headlines/breaking news.

2muchcoffeeman and dixiehack like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

My place of employ stepped back from Twitter a few months ago. It just wasn't worth the effort.

tea and ease likes this.
  7. DanOregon

Speaking of such, what should I switch to? Threads? Something else?

8. DanOregon

The Trump people are dumb. You do your "first interview" with the VP on one network, do the first solo interview with another, first live interview with another. Spread it around a bit. The way Trumpers are flailing around throwing everything against the wall at this point reminds me of a losing campaign in the final week of an election.
    Most people missed this a few weeks ago, but the Trump campaign said they were going to lay back and wait until Labor Day to ramp up the campaign appearances. Clearly they threw that out the window when Harris blew past them.
    Everything with that campaign is so unfocused, like they have so little confidence in what they are doing, they start a new attack before even seeing if the previous one registers with the public.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

That would be the problem. I would love to be entirely off of Twitter, and may do it regardless... but the options are terrible. Threads sucks. Bluesky sucks.

Webster likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Re: JDV's tweet using the Miss America contestant.

That woman is now a huge MAGA personality and is a conspiracy theorist and anti-vaxxer. JDV used one of his own base to mock his opponent.

tea and ease, HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

But the people IN the Army are (mostly) right wing, and don't try to argue that. The Capital A Army may try to project as centrist - and I don't think they really do - but I live in southern NC relatively close to Fort They Wish It Was and Still Do Call It Bragg and it always seems every fucking one of those guys on their truck and/or motorcycle have Punisher stickers, AR-15 stickers and some have Trump flags at their houses. I hardly see the other way, ever. EVER. Any Dem military guy or woman keeps it fucking quiet.

I wonder why. /bluefont

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's simple demographics. The majority of armed service personnel are white/no college and young, one of Trump's strongest demo groups. BUT, the military is much less white as the general population, so there's a rough balance.

UNCGrad likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted