1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

My mom was teaching Sunday school the day we studied this verse. Five minutes of laughter later, I had what the folks at Pixar call a core memory.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The GQP:
    In a brand of chess where the pieces have no limitations, everyone is a pawn and there is no strategy.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Um, no, they don't. They've believed the same lies from the same idiot for how many years?

That's more than just mere gullibility.

OscarMadison, Dog8Cats and TowelWaver like this.
  7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Maybe gullible is the wrong word, but you do need to give the base a good enough and plausible lie where they will stay on board. People know what they've been told, what has been said and what they see. And being honest with something like "You need to vote for me because I am white and a man (which is probably enough for 60 percent of them), probably needs a little something more.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Trump lost by 4.5% in 2020.

He's losing by less than half that today, with the caveat that even a 2% Dem edge means no more than a 50-50 EV chance.

And that's after Jan. 6. After Dominion suits. After Dobbs. And after 91 indictments and 34 convictions.

How anyone gets the idea that Trump voters have "learned" anything is beyond me.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There are several highly touted defections of GOP folks, but they don’t signal or predict mass defections. They are the smarter, more experienced and more educated among the original Trumpist klan. The basest of the base — uneducated, willfully ignorant, narrow-minded — will never leave.

Dog8Cats likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Even if Harris blows Trump out of the water, the MAGAs won’t accept it. They’ll claim the election was rigged, or blame the media, or claim some vast conspiracy.

It wouldn’t have anything to do with their candidate being a felonious asshole or that their ideas are antiquated and suck. No sirree.

Draft saved Draft deleted