1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

And you thought your co-workers are bad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Aug 30, 2024.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Colorado - A Florida man is left behind by his co-workers on a hike during a corporate retreat. He got lost and had to be rescued after spending the night in a storm with temps in the 30s.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/08/29/us/colorado-hiker-found-corporate-retreat.html

Arizona - A woman clocks into her job at Wells Fargo on Friday morning and dies in her cubicle. Co-workers complain on Monday about a bad smell in the office. Her body isn't found until Tuesday.

https://www.12news.com/article/news...tempe/75-1329570f-3b63-4869-b4bd-7d45801a80f2

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Immediately written up for staying clocked in over the weekend.

garrow, Hermes, franticscribe and 7 others like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

"Unless overtime was approved in advance, you died on your own time. No exceptions."

garrow, Hermes, franticscribe and 7 others like this.
  4. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

"Hey, I know you're dead, but we're going to need you to come in over the weekend and work on a few things."

garrow, justgladtobehere and maumann like this.
  5. dixiehack

The funeral will need to be here, as you have already exceeded your allotment of work from home days.

maumann likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

File a union grievance if you want.

maumann likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Someone probably already claimed their red stapler.

qtlaw likes this.
  8. dixiehack

Building services initially dismissed odor complaints as “A case of the Mondays.”

garrow, melock, Batman and 1 other person like this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Who knew Wells Fargo had a dead line?

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

"You want us to pay for the rescue? You're the one who stayed out in the woods when everyone else got back in time for yoga and chardonnay."

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I don’t have many goals or ambitions anymore, but one of them is not to spend my last moments in an abandoned newsroom on Sunday laying out pages.

Especially this Sunday — no one would find my rotting corpse until Tuesday.

Other than the newsroom rodents, of course.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I remember delivering pizza in the Blizzard of ‘96 when the whole city of Philadelphia ended up being shut down in the middle of our dinner shift.

I left on a delivery and my car didn’t even make it out of the parking lot. I walked back to the store and the boss decided to close. But, at that point, the trains had stopped and the roads had been closed, so a bunch of us decided to have a slumber party in the restaurant.

It was one of the funnest nights of my life. Like the fall of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Dog8Cats, garrow, qtlaw and 1 other person like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted