1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Economy

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, May 14, 2020.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Love’s truck stops used to have free air but that went away about 10 years ago.

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Except that Northeast Ohio is wonderful to live in. More to do here than nearly any place in the country, at half the price. The homes are not nearly as cheap as that story would have you believe, though. So maybe people actually do realize it.

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The only Sinclair in my town is full service with some crazy attractive young women working there. Win-win.

I Should Coco likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Or just put your lips together and blow.

micropolitan guy and maumann like this.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Air is free everywhere. The hard part is pursing your lips hard enough to inflate the tire.
    Yes, my statement was more of a generalization. There are some wonderful small towns in upstate/central/western New York with unbelievably affordable housing, classic old homes available for a song. Can't believe the price of real estate in my dad's hometown, down on the NY/PA border in Cattaraugus County.

That's not for me, but might be for someone else, who could get one helluva bargain. I could sell my house and buy three nice ones in Olean, where I was born.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

Wawa is the best convenience/gas outlet. Two things have slowed their expansion

The first is they are employee owned so they can not do an IPO and generate a lot of capital to expand.

The second is that they operate around central commissary/warehouse and restock every night. I was told my an employee that the Northern Virginia stores are stock out of the Philadelphia area facility. So they have have to expand relatively close to their supply facility.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2024
  7. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Free air is the law in Connecticut, it’s a road safety measure.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No air, but if you go to the right part of the parking lot you can find someone who blows.
    Of course, that's not free, either.

9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Dad? Is that you?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Honestly, when I first saw the wall of jerky, I immediately thought it needed to stay in the politics thread.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Back to business. Boeing -- the company currently known for having its doors blown off its planes and a spaceship that wasn't safe enough to bring astronauts back to earth -- now has 33,000 employees on strike.

FROM THE AP STORY: Boeing’s offer “just doesn’t line up with the current climate. The wages are just too low,” Hammond said. “I make $47 an hour and work paycheck to paycheck. Everything costs more.”

$47 an hour is too low. Yeah, that's going to fly about as well as a Boeing plane right now.

GOING GREAT.

Liut and Driftwood like this.
  12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

And a 25% pay increase is not enough.

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted