1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

I really dunno. Mox said something like Byran “wont be defending his title he’s predisposed”

He didn’t say “hurt” I can’t find a video to see exactly what it was, But the way he said it, there’s a little window where he and Nigel could be in cahoots.

And the way Mox keeps saying “you dont understand whats happening” suggests there’s a swerve or master plan to be revealed.

buttttttt ….. so far I’m not hooked and its bordering on wrestlecrap

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I like how the WWE embraced the line that the NXT parking lot is the most dangerous place to be in pro wrestling. In three different shots of a WWE superstar arriving for work (with timestamps of 12:30, 2:30, and 4), there was Jaida Parker twirling a baseball bat, patiently waiting.

3. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Parker is another of those women who seem like they'll quickly be ready for the main roster, like Tiffany Stratton was. She's quickly outshined those other two guys she's with.

It's a good problem to have too much talent, but WWE will need to find a place for all the great female talent they're stockpiling. Roxanne is probably the next one up to the main roster after she inevitably loses to Giulia, then you'll eventually have the likes of Giulia and Stephanie Vaquer, plus the homegrown stars like Parker or Kelani Jordan.

Fair or not, the women will never get the same amount of time the men get on the main roster, so it's going to have to be a matter of offering more opportunities (a women's intercontinental belt?) or unfortunately, cutting the fat. Even moreso when Charlotte and Becky eventually come back.

Oz likes this.
  4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Apparently the Motor City Machine Guns will be added to the NXT bounty.

5. nietsroob17

6. nietsroob17

It is debuting tonight according to some early pics on social media.

And yes, it does look like SmackSown.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That suplex bump from the middle of the top rope looked rough for both guys.

8. nietsroob17

You knew Cody was doing something from the top of the cage, but I'm shocked he didn't do the moonsault he pulled against Wardlow in AEW.

Also kinda shocked there was no interference from the Bloodline during the match -- cage or not.

9. nietsroob17

Ricky got screwed! Who knows? That could've led to a 2-year Ellsworth-like run for him!

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Ricky, we hardly knew ye.

11. nietsroob17

Cody gets a little bit of a heely response next to Roman. Interesting.

Also noticed they added an "executive producers" credit (Lee Fitting and Paul Levesque) before the final logo tag for the first time.

12. nietsroob17

Don't see DIY being the ones, but this is a KILLER promo from them.

Draft saved Draft deleted