1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Maybe "drag" isn't the right word. And certainly impossible to tell until it's decided.

But I don't think Vance is attracting anyone new that wasn't already with trump. He was selected when trump was leading Biden, to drive out the base.

I am pretty certain Vance isn't helping trump with his severe problem with women voters.

matt_garth, garrow and franticscribe like this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Last edited: Sep 18, 2024 at 5:34 PM
    HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Driftwood likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

On the border front

6. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Glad you’re back, Liut. I always thought you were a good dude. I was going to send out a search party after the Johnny Hockey issue.

Cosmo likes this.
  7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Because it's Trump, he wouldn't do it -- but the logical move was to make Haley the VP choice. Try to bring in those people, promote some sense of party unity and you are telling the Haley people that there's a 75 percent? 80 percent? 100 percent chance she becomes the first female president because he dies in office.

How many people look at Vance and go, yeah that's the guy I want in charge when the vacancy happens.

8. Della9250

9. Della9250

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Trump's biggest clothing indictment (not to be confused with the legal indictments, natch) are his 100% cotton golf shirts. They look like crap in a hurry, especially the collars, and most of the world with one iota of style has moved on to polyester/spandex blends or other combinations that come out of the wash better and don't look like ass. I went to a big pro golf tournament this summer and my uncle, who is Trump's age (and a supporter, sigh), asked me if I could find him a 100% cotton shirt in the merch center and I laughed. Can't be done.

But if you're getting a bunch of custom-made shirts with a stupid logo and you want a deal? You get 100% cotton.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  11. Deskgrunt50

I've never understood HIS costumes either. Same blue suit and red tie, same cheap white golf shirt.

Cheap being the operative word. I can't remember the last time I wore an all-cotton golf shirt. They're awful, as you point out.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

No Harris margin of victory will prevent Trump from lying about it. So f*ck him and Vance and every damn motherf*cker who votes for him and enables him.

Draft saved Draft deleted