1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Woj Bomb (Courtesy of Schefter)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Sep 18, 2024 at 10:57 AM.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

MeanGreenATO likes this.
  2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

That is what is left on his deal -- he signed a five-year extension for 35 million in 2022 -- it's not per year. So he made 15 mil the past two years alone. At 55, I think almost everyone could make just that last.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I totally agree. I never wonder how anybody can walk away from a huge amount of money, at least when they've already gotten a lot of it. That's exactly when you can walk away.

MileHigh and HanSenSE like this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

And those high school war stories are the ones you go on to tell your kids and grandkids, not how you covered the Super Bowl and talked to Patrick Mahomes in a media day scrum for 10 minutes.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Woj speaks the truth. You aren't truly a sports journalist (in my eyes, anyway...) until you've hacked out 15 inches in 15 minutes - with FULL stats at the end - soaked to the bone and then trying to get the 7-11's pay phone to connect properly to your Trash-80. Having performed that minor miracle hundreds of times, it is indeed WAY WAY WAY harder than any other facet of journalism I've experienced.

rb

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I could not agree more.

Patchen likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

My career would have been much the poorer without covering high school sports. So many great stories. A little hypothermia thrown in, but so what?

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The people in the biz for the right reasons will be telling those high school war stories to their kids and grandkids. The people in the biz for the wrong reasons will forever brag about being in the Mahomes scrum even though they got nothing out of it.

playthrough and Dog8Cats like this.
  10. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do you think Woj ever cost some kid a scholarship?

Draft saved Draft deleted