1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Wait until the roll out next week's ad featuring stills from the opening party scene from Gone with the Wind.
    Make Georgia Great Again!

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Vidalia, Vidalia
    Girl won't you tell me why
    Sweet Vidalia
    You always got to make me cry

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Rev. Wright says hello.

garrow likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hot sweaty sessions in the basement bathroom stalls

wicked likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In the bathroom stalls, in the Senate halls....be cruel or be cast out

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Almost Halloween. Want to read something that will scare the shit out of you?

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2024/09/theobros-jd-vance-christian-nationalism/

I debated whether to stick this here or on the religion thread. But really, if JD Vance moves one combo meal away from the presidency, this tidal wave of white Christian nationalism is going to sweep up everyone whether they’ve given a moment’s thought to religion or not.

If you have ever wondered why people like @Hermes and I are so strident in our warnings about these people, it’s because we’ve seen this kind of thinking from the inside, the roots of what has grown into this monstrous perversion of religion.

These people are determined to rule everywhere from the town council to 1600 Pennsylvania. And if are not submitting to white men, you are the enemy. Trump says this stuff to get in good with these guys. They believe it down to their bones.

Everything goes back to white Christian men should rule over all. Everything.

There are lots of Christians, even conservative ones, who would reject this when it is all laid out at once. But there are lots of them eager to see it happen. And there are plenty of other conservative Christians softening the ground, unwittingly or not, for these ideas to take root.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I want these mouth-breathers to spell out where they got the idea that a majority of illegal immigrants are committing crimes in the U.S.

Then I want them to show me that illegal immigrants have a higher crime rate than U.S. citizens in general. (Because it's been documented that the opposite is true.)

I want them to show me these things, or really, STFU about immigrants. Period.

12. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

So one of the more bizarre subplots of North Carolina's unhinged gubernatorial race is that a Raleigh trust fundee is using his familial wealth to fund a super PAC called Americans for Prosparody that's been doing anti-Mark Robinson parody ads on social media and with mobile billboards in the state's larger cities.

Today, apparently, began a $1 million ad buy for an AI generated video of Robinson saying things he actually wrote in the past - mostly on Facebook.

It might be the strangest political ad I've ever seen.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2024 at 2:48 PM
    matt_garth and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted