1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2024 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Jan 1, 2024.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The most inesterting thing is Vince says “I show you want I want you to see. I say stuff I dont believe.”

He’s admitting he was fine with Ted but played himself off as the underdog babyface for PR back then. Only they mostly had Bishoff explain that.

I totally agree tho, if you’ve seen Monday Night Wars and Dark Side there’s not a whole lot to this thing. They have hours and hours of new Vince footage and I’m sitting here listening to Bishoff tell the story of the first Nitro I’ve heard 97 other places ….. feels like a waste of time

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. JRoyal

JRoyal Well-Known Member

Watched the first two episodes last night, and I got the same feeling a lot of you had. The stories are all things we've heard/seen before. The only thing this series adds seems to be the interviews with Vince and a few others, but they aren't saying anything earth-shattering. It does bring everything all together, but that's about it.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Watching Episode 4 of the McMahon doc. Mostly agree that there’s nothing new so far, but I did get a chuckle out of Vince trying to explain that the Attitude Era was still family-friendly:

— Vince: No one got killed. (Cue footage of Austin-Taker Buried Alive match and Triple H putting Rock in a casket).
    — Vince: No one got raped. (Cue footage of Vince calling Triple H a rapist).
    — Vince: No one used of knives or guns. (Cue footage of Pillman pulling a gun on Austin and the Val Venis pee pee chop).
    — Vince: It was still OK for kids, but not young kids. (Cue footage of young kids screaming “Suck It!”)

5. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Watched the last few parts tonight.

Really is tough that most of these interviews were done before all hell broke loose. Most of the interviews were from 2021, some were in 2022 after Vince's first "retirement."

And Bruce Pritchard really is an insufferable yes man, even as the producers reconnected with him in 2024. Ironic that Bruce's final interview dropped two days before the most recent bombshells.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I've watched the first two episodes as well and there's little new here. The stories of WM 1 and 3, Hogan, steroid trial etc. have all been told elsewhere many times.

7. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

I did find it interesting that we could've very nearly had Dustymania rather than Hulkamania. Wonder how much things would've changed had Vince gone with Dusty.

Huggy likes this.
  8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The 5th episode is the best one. Lot of newish/interesting stuff with Shane. But they never truly answer any of the questions.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Yeah, really, now that was something new to me. Or if I'd heard before had forgotten it.

Draft saved Draft deleted