1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukraine Always Get What You Want

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Feb 12, 2022.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Vlad is saving his Pepsi points to get a fleet of Harriers.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Here I thought the Cola Wars was a figure of speech.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wyoming and Kent State have already accepted the bids.

2muchcoffeeman and Driftwood like this.
  4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Vlad would ask for a Pepsi Free.
    "If you want a Pepsi, comrade, you're gonna pay for it."

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

ok

6. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

You hear this @Batman and you're like, "OK this feels like a reasonable person we should put in charge of foreign policy"?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure what he's trying to say there. Especially when Republicans are calling illegal immigration an invasion. If Mexico sent an army across the Texas border and claimed everything up to San Antonio was theirs, I doubt we'd just let them have it without a fight.

What I was trying to say earlier, and obviously did not say eloquently enough — if such a thing is possible on this topic; it probably isn't, so I'll leave it at this and hopefully we can move on — is that maybe this war is reaching a stage where it shouldn't be heretical to suggest an imperfect solution might be the only thing that'll end it before thousands or millions more die for scraps of territory that will constantly change hands until the fighting stops. It was insane to fight that way at Verdun, and it should be insane to fight that way now.
    There have been times when it looks like Ukraine might be able to push Russia out. I agree that's what Ukraine needs to do, and we should do every reasonable thing in our power to help them.
    There have also been times where it looks like that's a pipe dream.
    After 2 1/2 years, suggesting that it might be time to at least try for some peace talks instead of blindly fighting on for years and turning the entire country into a wasteland anyway, and still be right where we are now in 2026, ought to be reasonable no matter who is saying it.
    If the terms are unacceptable or non-starters, then by all means fight on.
    Maybe I'm naive in hoping that Russia has been bled out enough where it might be willing to come to the table, and Ukraine doesn't harbor unrealistic dreams of rolling tanks into Red Square. Eventually we'll have one Russian and one Ukrainian left standing and they can settle it Highlander style in the Thunderdome. We can put it on PPV and retire all of the war debt in one shot.

Until then, here's Ukrainian Roy dropping molten thermite on some Russians. Because, until they leave, killing Russians in increasingly horrific ways is fun and righteous. And because I'm fascinated by the way this war is evolving warcraft and would much rather talk about that.

9. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Good.

I love the smell of molten thermite in the morning.

Batman likes this.
  10. Woody Long

Woody Long Well-Known Member

Bad day to be an orc.

Draft saved Draft deleted