1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

R.I.P. John Amos

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Shelbyville Manhattan, Oct 1, 2024 at 2:33 PM.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

2. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

He's my kind of asshole.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One of those people is NOT like the others.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I found out by seeing somebody post that scene on social media along with the news. RIP Fitz, you old so and so.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Also great on Psych. RIP.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Thinking of Michael Clarke Duncan, perhaps? He died in 2012.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Fitzwallace was my single favorite character on that show. This scene with John Spencer (RIP) is a master class.

Another favorite:

FITZWALLACE
    I promised Laura a month on a boat, kicking around the Caribbean for our honeymoon. 32 years later, I think her patience is starting to finally wearing a bit thin.

LEO
    You sail?

FITZWALLACE
    The last thing I captained weighed 7,000 tons. I should be able to figure out how to slip a 32-foot Catalina into a slip in Kingston.

matt_garth likes this.
  8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I don't say this often, but I thought Amos had died a long time ago.

Fine actor. RIP.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Good Times was one of the first non-cartoon TV shows I watched and loved as a little boy as was What's Happening!

Of all the characters on Good Times, John Amos as the stern, strong father had the biggest effect on me.

Liut likes this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Pretty underrated guy. Never won an Emmy despite some pretty significant roles. Gordie on MTM, Good Times, Roots and West Wing. One of those actors I always enjoyed seeing pop up in whatever I was watching because you knew it would be interesting. Hell, he was in Uncut Gems. One of those people who could do anything drama, comedy or whatever and make it seem effortless.
    Rest in Peace indeed.

BitterYoungMatador2 and maumann like this.
  11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted