1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

everyone is teh bad so as a principled thoughtful person i have no choice

garrow and Woody Long like this.
  2. Mr._Graybeard

Mr._Graybeard Well-Known Member

I live on the edge of Wisconsin's Waukesha County, the largest of the stalwart Republican WOW counties. I'm seeing quite a few Harris and Tammy Baldwin yard signs in Oconomowoc, a posh little city in the wealthy "lake country."

Outside of town, a neighbor has a yard sign saying "hate won't make America great." Another has a McCain-Palin sign. I think the tide has shifted out here.

franticscribe and garrow like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We have two Harris signs on our street. Progress!

unrelated….

People understand that we make toilet paper in the U.S, right? Why the hell are you panic-buying TP because of a port strike? You should be panic-buying booze that isn’t made domestically, folks.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A trio of teenagers were driving around my neighborhood and the adjacent one stealing Harris signs last night. One homeowner caught them redhanded, picked up a rock from his garden display, threw a perfect strike and broke the driver's side window. I wonder if the parents will be more angry at the teen or the homeowner for that?

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

FAFO

matt_garth and Woody Long like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised how much TP comes from China and Canada.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Good. Now do Georgia. And Arizona.

qtlaw likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

About 10 percent.

90% of what is consumed in the US, comes from the US (and of the 10% that is imported, most is from Canada and Mexico). And though there are more than 150 companies that make it, more than 80% comes from just three companies: Procter & Gamble, Kimberly-Clark, and Georgia-Pacific.

https://clui.org/newsletter/winter-2021/landscape-toilet-paper#:~:text=With such a large volume,Gillette razors, and Pampers diapers.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I have a secret stash of TP in my house at all times.

A carryover from COVID.

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

The MAGA dad will probably come over and shoot the homeowner now. #MURRICA #TAKEITBACK

Draft saved Draft deleted