1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Trump vows to make Michigan ‘car capital of world again’ at campaign rally

He's already discussed the "concepts of his plan." They involve:

-- Catastrophically weakening or completely eliminating union representation in Michigan auto plants

-- Influencing the move of auto production to countries with labor costs massively less expensive (ie, to Mexico, China/Asia or ultimately to Africa)

-- After the complete collapse of the Michigan auto industry using union wage scales, opening new factories paying wages and benefits equivalent to the aforementioned facilities in China, Bangladesh and Africa (where workers often live in dorms with cardboard sleeping bunks and are issued MREs as daily food rations)

That's the concept of his plan. The Race to the Bottom carried to the very very bottom.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2024 at 10:32 PM
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Can I also get an apology for that asshole sending me campaign crap in the mail every damn day. Dude, you're horrible. I was never going to vote for you. Stop wasting paper and money. Thank you.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always surprised me when Jimmy Buffett fans were stunned by his politics. I mean, do they listen to the lyrics at all?

Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

It was only eight months ago when people who couldn't root for the Chiefs because TS faced having to root for the 49ers on the Super Bowl.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why can’t North Carolina and Tennessee just rake the mountains?

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I want him hurt, defeated, and dead ... in that order.

swingline likes this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

They don't. It's kind of like conservabros loving Rage Against The Machine for its aggression, then reacting in outrage when they turned out to be leftists who believe all that stuff they were singing about.

I Should Coco and Driftwood like this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

My gosh, I did the exact same thing today! Went to Costco after work, intending to pick up some toilet paper and paper towels. Went to the back of the warehouse, where it is usually stocked, and...nothing but a big stack of empty pallets that, I'm sure, once held the paper goods. Saw a passing Costco worker and asked about toilet paper and paper towels. "Nope," he said as he breezed past without even looking my way.

And I, too, picked up a rotisserie chicken for dinner tonight.:)

I have to say, I also was not really thinking of any toilet paper shortage -- except the one in my house -- when I went to Costco for it. It's just a good place to get that kind of stuff. Usually.:)

12. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Slacker, franticscribe, qtlaw and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted