1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm putting this up there with the person who claimed the Braves were supporting the Klan because there were three K's on the scoreboard and couldn't be convinced what it meant to those keeping score.

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

1. The fact that Bruce just said his name out loud absolutely has to have made Tim Walz's day.
    2. New Jersey resident in a diner.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Kind of nothing. The joke wasn't about or at the expense of the victim or the widow. It was directed at people in the room.

And what does this factoid have to do with anything:

Do I need to check on the legal status of every owner of the used car I buy?

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Magic isn't a half-bad public speaker. Has a little presence. Makes you wonder what could've been.

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Who here defends Trump's economic policies, to the extent he even has a coherent philosophy? He just promises everyone everything.

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He used a person's death as a vehicle for a joke. It's inappropriate even if not done at the expense of the widow.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’d take a President with the world’s most boring Twitter feed after 2016-2021.

“We’re going to pass a bill, which takes a majority of the votes in the House, which is where bills are passed!”

sgreenwell likes this.
  10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bruce describes the exact USA I was indoctrinated into back in the 60s/70s. Freedom and Justice for all.

He says it perfectly and plainly and calls out Trump by name for his threat to those pillars of our country. These two minutes need to be incorporated and adopted by the Harris/Walz campaign stat!!

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

It was lame and indeed crass, but ranks at No. 101,492 on the list of Stinky infractions.

Draft saved Draft deleted