1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I have used close family members' deaths as the vehicle for jokes. Not a big deal. Just groan and move on.

But I guess nobody here jokes about someone's death.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Kamala picks up official endorsements from Bruce Springsteen and Magic Johnson on the same day. I'm in.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I was kind of astonished when I learned that the crazy candidate in Minnesota was THAT Royce White.

He gets referred to as a former NBA player (or even "NBA star"). He played a grand total of nine minutes in the league, without a point, rebound or assist. From the moment he was supposed to report his rookie year he started complaining that the Rockets were not doing enough to accommodate his profound mental illness.

How many candidates can the GOP run who entered politics because their mental illness derailed their previous career? He's not the only one this election cycle.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he isn't wearing guyliner.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Amazed he's not in Springfield yet.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That type would be at the dinner table with fork and knife in hand demanding his Filet Malinois.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Or a Beagle with lox and a schmear.

garrow and Driftwood like this.
  8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

How about a president without a Twitter feed? It's going to be even more of a cesspool if Trump loses and there's no reason that a Harris White House has to be in that muck.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

One of the hospitals around here ditched Twitter six months ago and hasn’t looked back.

If I were a President Harris, I’d avoid the place.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think it's fine. Have a WH feed, or maybe even managed accounts for Harris and Walz. Some people get their "news" that way.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I was thinking Springfield, Mass., but that works too.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Herschel, for one.

tapintoamerica likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted