1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

They are deeply hateful and broken people who've been brainwashed by the lies of a cult leader.

I really hope there are enough good people left to punish them at the ballot box.

SixToe, garrow and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t be surprised if Musk, Trump and the MAGA minions start mass-tweeting at 9:01 p.m. EST that Trump won the entire thing at claim that the MSM is lying about the results.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

And yet, Trump still has a good chance of winning this election. People are still listening to him and talking about him, and doing so as if he's a normal, regular, viable candidate. They still think he's someone they should, and probably will, vote for, especially after his appearance in Butler, Penn. today.

It's unbelievable. He should not even have been allowed to run.

If he wins the election, it won't be because he actually won anything in the run-up -- not debates, not arguments, nor hearts. It will be because people in this country have, seriously, lost their minds.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fat Orange Paraffin Face celebrating his return to the scene of a fatal shooting assassination attempt. I'm sure Reagan and Ford would have done the same.

Monstrously grotesque.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

As much as I hate trump, his people and what he's done, I never wanted the economy to do poorly when he was in office.

So far, trump killed a really good bipartisan border bill, wanted the dock strike to cripple the economy and is spreading lies about the response to a devastating, deadly hurriacne.

Fuck this anti-American fuck. The absolute worst this country has to offer.

MTM, sgreenwell, UNCGrad and 6 others like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If he turned around and told that same crowd “We’re going to cut the nuts off of prisoners!” people would go deaf from the cheers.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Have I Got News for You is pretty entertaining.

11. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

12. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

So, today, I was that guy. At our North Carolina, small town AutumnFest, I walked up to the local Dems tent, in my golf shirt, Cubs hat, near-50 unshaven white maleness, and the look in the eye of the wonderful black gentleman working the tent was one of, "Oh god, here we go."

And I happily bought my ",la" t-shirt. Dude was so honest. "Man, I didn't think that's what you were gonna do." And we laughed together. I apologized. And we laughed again.

I asked, "How's business?" And his response gave me hope in NC. "We've been so busy," he said. "We've been talking to people nonstop. People keep coming up. We had to go get more signs to give away."

One of those signs? It reads, Harris on top line, Walz on the second...and "Obviously" on a third.

Wonderful.

And then, he said:

"Everything's perilous. We can't let up. We have to go. We have to keep talking to folks. We've got a chance."

Hope. I have hope.

Draft saved Draft deleted