1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Not a good week for buildings named Tropicana.

2. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Could split with Miami ... in theory. Since schedules are already out, perhaps not realistic in practice.

Montreal! You get the Rays after all!

Also, I hate to be the one who says it, but it doesn't strike me as a wonderful idea to marshal manpower in a fabric dome when domes in other hurricane zones with permanent roofs took on damage.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

LOL. Knew they were toast as soon as he angled to have that written about him (and that's what he did, nobody decides what features are written about Bryce Harper except Bryce Harper). He tries sooooo hard but is such a dork. And now he's a year closer to being Dan Marino and he and his teammates are a year older.

BartonK likes this.
  4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The Mets are good again.

5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

That place needed a thorough cleaning. And some sunlight.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Ewing effect too, he left and Nats win title.

BartonK likes this.
  7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Truth. He sucked the energy out of that room in 2018. Schwarber & Castellanos won't let that happen in Philly, but Schwarber's got one year left on his deal and Castellanos has two years left. The clock is ticking.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

One thing the Phillies have done well is re-sign guys they want to keep with relatively little brouhaha.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

There's some buzz that Rob Thomson might be in trouble after this. Might Buck Showalter get his one last last chance in Philly? Dombrowski is one of the few GMs secure enough in himself to hire Buck.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I fail to see how Thomson could be responsible for the loss to the Mets. All his moves went wrong because EVERYBODY in the bullpen sucked. A manager without a bullpen is like a jockey without a whip.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I agree but this is two straight years of diminishing returns with a win-now roster. They ran into a buzzsaw this month but were also oddly off after that hot start. Wouldn't surprise me if Dombrowski did something.

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Is Dave Roberts managing for his job tomorrow? Nine straight postseasons but only one (short season) championship and a third consecutive division series exit to a division rival if the Padres win.

He's won a lot of games in the regular season and is great in the clubhouse, but he's the one consistent to the postseason shortcomings.

That said, my guess is he's back. Not sure who they would get who's better. Maybe bring Dusty Baker back to the organization.

Draft saved Draft deleted