1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

He may or may not be managing for his job, but they don't WANT anyone better. The manager is just there to absorb the daily slings and arrows for the front office...which is true for about 27 other organizations but especially so for the Dodgers.

Hermes likes this.
  2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

We’re two steps away from a golden retriever managing the Rays. Which would make pitching changes unbearably adorable.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Asked why he pulled Fairbanks for McClanahan after McClanahan gave up six runs in the ninth without recording an out, Fido defecated on the carpet. A team spokesman later said the bowel movement was not in response to the question.

4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The tug of war over the ball at the mound when the Rays decide to pull the starter in the second inning will be enough for me to watch every game.

poindexter, HanSenSE and Batman like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

After re-engaging my fandom after getting out of newspapers, I’ve been reminded that if you turn the sound down on your team being closed out, it hurts less.

No particular reason today I’m giving out this tidbit.

Liut likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Later, when asked about the Rays' unusual pitching strategy of walking every other batter, the spokesman sighed, shrugged his shoulders, and softly said, "We tried to explain that walks were bad, but he just got excited and wagged his tail every time he heard the word."

7. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

The manager lamented his pitcher's outing, calling it "ruff." He said the hurler made every hitter look like Babe "Roof."

Thank you. That's my time. Please tip your servers.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I don’t know what it’s like to score a run. Should I clap?

maumann and Liut like this.
  9. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The announcers calling this series a result of rust kinda gets undercut when the “rusty” team scored five runs in their first at-bat of the first game.

But NARRATIVES!

maumann likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

He had a few Georgia players on his fantasy team, but the rest were from Yale, Fresno State or La. Tech.

Batman and maumann like this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The Tigers’ shortstop tracks every popout like a baby giraffe. He’d give me a heart attack if I were a Motor City Kitty fan.

maumann likes this.
  12. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m convinced pitchers pretend their PitchCom is malfunctioning to get a free timeout 33 percent of the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted