1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Took my kids to High Point today to check out the new Nido & Mariana Qubein Children's Museum and meet up with some friends from Charlotte and their kids. (The museum is exactly what you'd expect if you've had any interaction with Nido or HPU in the last decade or two.)

The drive there and back took me through Alamance County, which is a conservative stronghold and a billboard wasteland. On the way there I noticed that the Harris campaign is spending money there as are some PACs with left leaning issue ads. The Harris ads each stuck to one simple platform issue like "Harris believes in raising the minimum wage." I thought they were effective.

The issue ads were almost all targeting female voters on reproductive rights and medical freedom.

On the way back though, I got to see this doozy from the Alamance County Democratic Party:

Been laughing about it ever since.

2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Thank goodness for that, no matter what people think she looks or sounds like.

Has anyone ever seen Trump laugh, or even smile? The closest he comes to it, sometimes, is that stupid smirk.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

garrow likes this.
  4. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Potential good news for Dems, but also Exhibit 2039012 in this election being utterly unpredictable.

garrow likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I do think the Dems have seriously miscalculated their approaches to Hispanic voters, viewing them as a single block. There is a huge chunk of Latino voters who are quite conservative and are indifferent if not opposed to less stringent immigration policies. Its not just the Cuban vote they miss out on.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ever since he rode down that golden escalator
    He's been wanting to be a goddamn dictator
    The world's biggest hater
    An anti-immigrant crusader
    Such a great communicator
    Had a poodle, but an immigrant ate her
    His fans watch Star Wars and root for Darth Vader

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Find you a mate who looks at you like Trump looks at other dictators.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The damned libruhl media might be willing to drop Jan. 6 and the 2020 election if the klandidates for whom you are an apologist would simply admit that Trump lost and that everyone in the Jan. 6 riot is a traitor. They won’t do either.
    But the libruhl media are to blame. Got it.

11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I guess it’s pretty serious.

Draft saved Draft deleted