1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I did something today that I have never done before: I participated in a poll that sought my views on the POTUS race.
    The interviewer, of course, assured me that it wouldn't take long. After about five minutes, he repeated the assertion that we were "almost done." Another 12 minutes later, it finally concluded. Time: 17 minutes. Aggravating. Particularly because you couldn't save time by answering the question early. The guy said the answers wouldn't be recorded until he had read the entire question and all the myriad options therein.
    Why did I assent to it? Because I wanted to make sure my opinion was heard. I came close to hanging up several times, but I kept reminding myself that a significant portion of the polling sample, old people, are disproportionately Trumpist and are less likely to abandon the call.

qtlaw likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, it's dementia ... exacerbated by the fact that nobody loves him enough to take a stand.

3. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

What he is, is a fucking asshole and the worst American of all of us.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

Let me guess: Nothing but IPA reviews.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

And he has dementia, which should be disqualifying.

Jesus_Muscatel and UNCGrad like this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The people who know Trump best know how awful he is. You should know that too.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Social Media Mocks Trump's Wimpy Excuse For Why He Hated Playing Football

Well now actually this is new, I thought the previous version was that Fatfuck had quit football as a junior in HS despite the fact he was crushing and dominating all opponents from every opposing team, but he thought soccer was a coming rage about to dominate the sports world. The very idea that the big bad rough tough macho man wss actually afraid of getting hit by anybody is completely new.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Get ready for 2 a.m. rage tweets by a sundowning Trump regarding early voting and vote by mail.

9. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And a remarkable series of suddenly initiated construction projects, water-main breaks and other physical impediments to in-person voting in Atlanta on Nov. 5.

10. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Is he referring to Times Square tourists?

11. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Fucking Elmo.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That, or it would have ruined his baseball career.

Draft saved Draft deleted