1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

MLB '24 Postseason thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 1, 2024.

1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Happened to remember this from the Wikipedia article on Calvin Griffith of the Senators/Twins (don't ask me what I was doing there):

2. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

$300 million and they play fundamental baseball worse than a Little League team.

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s not like the Guardians have exactly put on a clinic either.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Maybe the Yankees should go by Little League World Series rules -- no leading off bases.

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

What do you want for < $100 mil?

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I debated going with the Senators or the A’s since they were more poorer than other clubs, but I figured Connie Mack liked cheap young players and wanted to develop them.

The Reds with 10 affiliates is a little surprising, although they really didn’t do much for a lot of years around then.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

That was a wretched, wretched baseball game tonight. Mets and Dodgers at least look like they've run routine drills before

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guardians are so inside their heads with their starting pitching. They can’t score, so they panic anytime a pitcher lets a couple guys on base. They don’t feel their starters can give up three or four runs and still have a chance to stay in the game, so Vogt starts pulling them at the first sign of trouble and that just leads to more trouble. Guys keep getting put into bad spots and it’s not working against the Yankees.

9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

I can’t remember a more poorly managed game than that one tonight. Vogt’s panic-button moves are going to make a lot of guys lose confidence.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 4:53 AM
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dave Roberts wants you to continue to think that

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the Philadelphia A's had fewer affiliates than the Browns.

Draft saved Draft deleted