1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Michigan is the one that really worries me.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Harris did four separate events in Wisconsin yesterday. That doesn't sound like pulling out resources. The most valuable asset in any campaign is the candidate's time.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

And it absolutely could happen again. Though, there’s a lot of evidence Harris is running a much better campaign than Clinton.

At the very least she isn’t taking PA, MI and WI for granted like Clinton did. And there isn’t the 25 years of built-in (and largely manufactured by Fox/Rush) hate for Harris that Clinton had. And 2016 was an apathy election. This appears to be an enthusiasm election.

Harris also appears to have a much better ground game, especially as trump has outsourced his to his talentless family and grifters (a lot of overlap there).

Anything can happen and I’m personally prepared for the worst. But if Harris does currently have a small lead, as seems to be the case, then all of the things I mentioned matter a lot. Which gives me some cautious optimism.

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Of course, Trump will also claim the early votes are rigged, so there's that.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yep, despite me getting numerous spam texts saying "Trump wants you to vote early!!"

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Harris’ campaign far exceeds the Clinton campaign and the Dems have recognized that the grass roots effort matters. Look at the donations numbers, that’s a large indicator to me of voter support.

Plus, the MAGA party has a lower ceiling and that’s what will be their demise (IMHO).

franticscribe, garrow and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

10. Neutral Corner

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Waiting to read how Harris actually shot J.R.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Is it really stupid of me to say Trump has never shown one moment of courage in his life after how he responded to the shooting in Pennsylvania?

HanSenSE and jr/shotglass like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted