1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

The sick thing is he seems to do better whenever he’s in airplane mode. So his handlers may be trying to keep him just slightly north of full sedation.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

No wonder they’re turning to dogs.

3. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

These MAGA sycophants who try to talk fake tough, like Diaper Donnie, are gonna get their ass kicked. Metaphorically, at the polls, possibly even physically.

Idiots.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Very bovine people. On both sides.

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

These shitty MAGA candidates (again) will deliver North Carolina and Arizona to Harris on a silver platter.

That's 27 EVs out of the 44 up for grabs that she'll need in order to get to 270. That leaves 17 EVs to get, and PA alone puts her over the top at that point.

Driftwood, garrow and Songbird like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Interesting site. I'm confused by some of the terminology, however. "Spoiled or Canceled" ballots appear to be different from "Rejected" ballots, which seems odd to me.
    The total of "returned" ballots appears to be equal to the number of "accepted" ballots plus "rejected" ballots. Then you've got "spoiled or canceled," which don't seem to fit.
    At any rate, Fulton County (Atlanta) had accounted for 6.1% of the state's absentee ballots returned but 17.8% of all "spoiled or canceled" ballots as of late this afternoon.
    I'm not sure if that's fishy or not. But it is interesting.

7. tapintoamerica

I voted today. The wait was about an hour. My state has done away with machines and is now using paper ballots on which you must fully fill in the circle corresponding to your choice. Takes substantially longer than the electronic method because, well, you want to be precise so your ballot gets counted.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Those are the Mass. ballots, although the sports are ovals not circles. The ballots get run through optical scanners. The count goes fast.

dixiehack and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. Twirling Time

Was looking at demographic numbers just on a whim and noted an interesting fact: Numerically speaking, Iowa has more Black people than Delaware.

Obviously Iowa is a bigger state, but is not known for its diversity, shall we say. Delaware has always been very diverse.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Conservatives complain about "liberal Hollywood" as an article of faith - then turn around and vote for actors and celebrities to play the president.

Are individuals in Hollywood "liberals?" Sure.

Are the corporations which own the movie studios "liberal?" Are the big tentpole franchises like the MCU "liberal"? Are the streamers "liberal?" The networks?

Is the business side of show business "liberal?"

Seems hypocritical for conservatives to reflexively drag celebrities for offering their political thoughts - then vote for the host of "Death Valley Days" to be president.

11. tapintoamerica

Yes. Ovals and optical scanners are here, too.
    I mistakenly voted for a Trumpist in one of the judicial elections and tried to cancel and vote for the decent candidate, but the machine rejected me. Rather than filling out the entire thing again, I respected my fellow voters' time and accepted the verdict of the scanner.

12. Twirling Time

I thought John Wayne hosted Death Valley Days. :)
    [​IMG]

Azrael likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted