1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Between this and Dodgers (likely) going back to the World Series, I don’t know if I’m going to make it to Thanksgiving with my heart.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You could say it started two weeks ago.

Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 9.11.59 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-10-20 at 9.13.26 PM.png

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Not saying you’re wrong. Just adding my two cents that it may be bull, but it can’t be treated as such and end up with 2016 all over again.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I met him, nine years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding in even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this... 70-year-old manchild with this fake tan face, and... the blackest eyes - the Devil's eyes. I spent five trying to reach his voters, and then another four trying to get him locked up, because I realized that what was living behind that manchild's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fair point. I just think polling is garbage right now. But nothing is being taken for granted.

TowelWaver and Spartan Squad like this.
  6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you have already voted and you reveal for whom you voted, what happens? Does the interrogation continue?

7. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

My wife and I went to dinner with with a fairly liberal couple, the sort of people who go on medical missions to Central America and adotped nine in-need children from various countries. The husband said he thinks that, regardless who wins the presidency, we will be in dangerous times. If Trump wins, he will do what he can to destroy his political and other “enemies.” Racists and right-wing nutjobs will follow his lead with their own freelance violence. If Harris wins, Trump and his hordes won’t accept it and that also will lead to attacks on those who are perceived as enemies.

The conversation lead my wife to reconsider her vehement anti-gun position and wonder out loud if she should learn to shoot and arm herself.

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I'll note that there have not been many high quality state polls recently. Everything has been from a national perspective, which is essentially worthless at this point.

9. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

The Drudge Report was once an old-school hub for conservative news.

This is the front page right now, as shared by Matt Drudge.

2muchcoffeeman and HanSenSE like this.
  10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I had a friend about a month ago that was freaking out about 538. I had to talk her off a ledge.

I brought all this up yesterday on the national level and it just doesn't make sense. Trump has not gained voters from 2020 nationally. There is zero way unless millions just don't vote (I suppose a possibility, but not sure how that would be measured in polls).

His only shot is flipping these swing states, which is possible but with his antics this whole campaign I don't see how that happens either unless all the white men who don't want a black woman in office really cancel out a lot of people (also possible).

But the fact that the polls have the national race practically locked when there is no logical way means the rest can't really be trustworthy either.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I think a lot of folks who like to think of themselves as people of integrity and actually do some very good deeds in their lives will compromise virtually every value they have if they think their financial security is at stake.

Driftwood and franticscribe like this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And again I ask: What did this accomplish beyond trolling Harris?

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted