1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 7 -- I Goff at your Darnold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 16, 2024.

1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I’m disappointed the Mets lost.

But LOL Jets helps a bit.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Las Vegas was terrible last week. The Jets are average to below average.

The Steeler offense hasn’t looked that good in five years.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They had a competent passer at quarterback tonight. Wilson is a very good fit with Pickens.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Who can Super Genius Woody Johnson fire this week, and also trade for? A great running back? A whole new offensive line? Aaron Rodgers’ youth?

Apparently this is not the best Jets roster he’s ever had, as he said. Then again, with the history of his ownership, maybe it is. And they still suck.

5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Rodgers must have lured Adams to NY by reminding him of all the things you can do in January and February when you’re not playing football.

6. outofplace

To be fair, injuries have decimated their secondary and Russell Wilson took full advantage.

Was it fun to watch Rodgers screw up just enough to save the Steelers? Why yes, yes it was.

I Should Coco and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How could Tyreke Hill and Waddle have combined zero targets at halftime? Against a shitty Colts defense? That seems unfathomable.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You know, I watch the Raiders games. They play with energy, they make some big plays, get after the QB. They outgained and had more first downs than the Rams, but whomever is playing QB seems determined to give up the ball at crucial times.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Jets are done yes? No way they can get to 9-8 with the Texans and Bills still to come, winning seven of the other eight? I don't see it.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Their path to 7-3 in the last 10 is pretty dicey. I look at the schedule and see v. Houst0n and at Buffalo as sure-thing losses, and there are some landmines in there. At Arizona won't be easy, neither will Seattle at home. Division games are never easy and they still play Miami twice.

It's weird. It's only Week 7 but I think we can write a ton of teams off already. Cleveland, Tennessee, New England and probably Vegas in the AFC. Raiders' next six are super tough -- vs. KC, at Cincy, at Miami, vs. Denver, at KC, at Tampa. That has 1-5 written all over it.

NFC, I think Carolina, the Giants and the Saints are complete cross-offs. Can't see Spencer Rattler beating the Chargers and it sounds like Carr is out for sure until at least Week 9. I think it'll take 10 wins to get a wild card in the NFC. Even with Carr, New Orleans isn't going 8-1 down the stretch. They've already lost to the Falcons and Bucs in the south so winning the division is probably out of reach too.

11. outofplace

Probably. I feel for their fans, but the actual organization? Not so much.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Shad Khan also said before the season that the Jaguars had the best roster he's had in his 12 years as owner. So much for what those guys know about football.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted