1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Biden: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

So they're more comfortable now than in 2020? Sounds like you know a lot of garbage people.

Dyno likes this.
  2. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Apparently so.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

I live in London but am American, I work in the postal industry.

Tons of absentee ballots going to NYC, a lot fewer going to places that actually matter. I'm calling it right here and now. Harris is going to win the popular vote in the Big Apple.

TigerVols and maumann like this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So? It would have long since passed and he still likely would have delivered Pennsylvania.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Many Americans support Donald Trump just to own the libs. Once again, millions of Americans are owning something they can't afford. That wrecked the country last time....and it will this time too.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Whoa whoa whoa whoa! But trump had 2,000 people in the Bronx and is going to Madison Square Garden this weekend. Do you think trump has lied and New York actually isn't in play? :D

garrow and britwrit like this.
  8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

I think the Harris campaign has wisely approached this election as not being certain, no matter how good they feel, until the ballots are counted. I think there is some quiet confidence, but they also understand how close it is and that things can turn on a dime.

As for Texas, they're using specific stories that have taken place in Texas to highlight their abortion platform push. It's all about abortion and capturing women who may be on the fence. The side benefit is boosting Allred in the race against Cruz.

I don't think it's about taking a chance to rally in Texas because they think they are winning or that they see it is a potential flip. I do think they feel they have saturated the swing states and can take their argument to larger media markets, meet people where they are, instead of flying advocates from Texas to Charlotte or Phoenix to tell their stories there.

It's about turnout. Who is more likely to vote - disaffected 20-something young men who aren't wild about Harris but get a chuckle out of Trump's weirdness, or 40-something conservative women who are so disgusted by Trump that they're looking for permission to change sides? The Harris campaign is banking on the latter, that these voters already have a higher propensity to vote and just need reassurance that they're not betraying their values by going for Harris.

maumann, sgreenwell, garrow and 2 others like this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A billion dollars agrees with you.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I also think he seriously overestimates how many people are making Palestine a make-or-break issue.

2muchcoffeeman and outofplace like this.
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I appreciate how many people think running a ticket that would have been a woman and a Jew would have been appealing to this backwards country.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

A Jew with Palestine issues and sexual harassment issues that would have been pounded by opponents immediately.

Walz has been great. Walz is not an issue.

Draft saved Draft deleted